POPSUGAR FitnessSource: 5 Weird Weight-Loss Tricks That Work
When it comes to weight loss, every little bit helps. If you're stuck in a diet-and-exercise rut and are looking for a little extra calorie-busting help to meet your goals, then these weird weight-loss tricks just might work!
- Have Dessert For Breakfast: If you're going to have a treat, then you may want to make it that muffin that's calling your name in the pastry case Monday morning. A study in overweight people who had lost weight on a diet found that those who ate a larger breakfast that also included a sweet treat kept off more weight than those who ate a smaller breakfast with no treat, in part because the sugary treat they ate at breakfast time helped curb sweet cravings later in the day.
- Cut Up Your Food: You may think you look silly cutting your food into tiny pieces, but the strategy may just work. A study found that cutting up your food may help trick your brain into thinking there's more on the plate, which can translate into eating less while still feeling satisfied.
- Exercise in the Morning: Finding time to exercise no matter what time of day is important, but if you need that little extra push when it comes to burning calories, then try exercising in the morning. Studies have found that people who exercise in the morning work out harder than those who exercise at other times in the day.
- Drink Warm Water: A glass of ice-cold water may be more refreshing, but if you want to lose weight, then you may want to switch to warm water. Recent research found that drinking a glass of warm water before a meal helps you feel fuller more quickly, so you may end up eating less food during your meal.
- Eat More: It may seem counterintuitive, but it can be true: eating more and more often can help you lose weight. Eating frequent meals - about five or six in a day - can boost your metabolism, and eating larger volumes of healthier foods that are full of lean protein, fiber, and other nutrients - rather than foods high in refined carbs and processed ingredients - helps give you energy and keep you full without all the calories.