by Lexi Petronis
CN Digital Studio Do you ever call your doctor's office to schedule an appointment and end up in long loop with the scheduler because all the times you're available, the doc isn't (and vice versa)? Yeah, me too. Luckily, ZocDoc has done the research and discovered what days and times are the best for certain kinds of doctors...and it's actually pretty fascinating!
First of all: ZocDoc is a free online service that lets you find a doctor or dentist near you who accepts your insurance, see how available they are (in real time), and even book an appointment--so they've got some good insight about this kind of stuff. Take a look:
See more: 15 Hair-Color Makeover Ideas to Try in 2013
Across All Medical Specialties
* Tuesday is the most popular day to see the doctor--but it's also the day with the most last-minute openings.
* The No. 1 most popular appointment time slot is Friday at 10 A.M., followed by Monday at 2 P.M.
* Weekdays at 10 A.M. and 2 P.M. are the most popular time slots, so if you want to get in to see the doctor more quickly, zero in on a different time.
* Tuesdays and Thursdays are the most popular ob-gyn appointment days--but they're also the days with the most last-minute openings.
* The most popular time slots for ob-gyns (on any day) are 10 A.M., 2 P.M., and 9 A.M.
* The most popular day: Wednesday, probably so that patients get a chance to check in during the middle of the week in order to stay on top of their nutrition goals.
See more: 10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
* Doctors for kids book most of their appointments on Monday, so that parents can get care for their children right after the weekend--but before the week becomes too hectic.
Acupuncturists and Chiropractors
* Acupuncturists are busiest on Fridays, while chiropractors are busiest on Mondays and Fridays--likely because people are thinking about decompressing, or getting ready to deal with a new week.
What do you think--does this all sound about right? Do you have any tricks to booking the perfect appointment time with your doctor?
More from Glamour:
53 Swimsuits that Make You Look 10 Pounds Thinner
35 Truths About Marriage--From a Guy's Point of View
10 Hot Date-Night Outfits (According to Guys)
25 Celebrity Hairstyles That Will Make You Want Bangs
by Lexi Petronis