Labor Day” movie prizes.
One Grand Prize :
- One grand prize winner will receive a “Labor Day” poster, autographed by Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin
- Two (2) tickets to see “Labor Day” at a cinema
- Pie baking set
(Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $75)
One Runner Up Prize:
- Pie baking set
(Approximate retail value of Runner Up Prize: $50)
Here’s how you can enter:
Follow @YahooShine on Twitter
Tweet this: I want to win the #LaborDayMovie giveaway from @YahooShine! http://yhoo.it/1bnYOtS
(Note: One entry per person/email address/Twitter handle.)
The giveaway runs from 9:00 AM PT on February 4, 2014 until 12:00 PM PT on February 14, 2013. Winners will receive a Direct Message on Twitter with further information. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. If you have any other questions, check out the official rules.
“Labor Day” stars Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin, and is directed by Jason Reitman.
Yahoo Shine Giveaway: Your Tickets to “Labor Day,” Plus a Valentine’s Surprise
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION (THE "PROMOTION") IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA") AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of the Eligibility Area and 18 years or older at the time of entry. Void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and military installations, and where prohibited by law. Employees and agents of Yahoo! Inc. ("Sponsor" or “Yahoo”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion (all of the foregoing, together with Yahoo, collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win. Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) is not a sponsor of, or is in any way affiliated with, this Promotion.
2. How To Enter: Registration for the Promotion is open any time between 9:00 AM PT on February 4, 2014 and 12:00 PM PT/Noon on February 14, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). A Twitter account is required to participate in this Promotion. If you are not an existing Twitter account holder, visit twitter.com and follow the instructions to register for a free Twitter account (your “Twitter Account”). Once logged into Twitter, set your Twitter Account to "follow" the Twitter handle associated with the Promotion, @YahooShine (the "Promotion Twitter Address"). Your Twitter Account MUST "follow" the Promotion Twitter Address during the entire Promotion Period to be eligible to win. Next, register for the Promotion by sending a Twitter update (a "Tweet"), using your Twitter Account, to @YahooShine with the following words :
I want to win the #LaborDayMovie giveaway from @YahooShine! http://yhoo.it/1bnYOtS
You will receive ONE entry in the Promotion (an "Entry"), when you submit a Tweet to @YahooShine during the Promotion Period, in accordance with the method described above.
For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an Entry occurs when Yahoo! receives your registration and entry information as properly submitted by you in accordance with the instructions above. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the holder of a Twitter account or handle, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Twitter account was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If Yahoo is unable to verify the authorized account holder of a potentially winning Twitter account, that account will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. A potential prize winner may be required to provide Promotion Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder as described above.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PER EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR PER TWITTER ID. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only the first entry received from a particular individual will count; subsequent attempts to enter will be disqualified. The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the entrant. An Entry may only be made according to the method described above. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt, "thanks for entering" message, or post office receipt) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Yahoo of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or sweepstakes service), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and will be disqualified. Only eligible entries actually received by Yahoo before the end of the specified entry period will be included in the prize drawing. Unintelligible, incomplete, or garbled attempts to enter will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Yahoo, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
3. Conduct: By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at http://yhoo.it/1bnYOtS (the “Promotion Website”) throughout the Promotion. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. Entrants further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. Yahoo reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or any Yahoo or Promotion-related website; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Yahoo or Promotion related property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YAHOO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Grand Prize: One grand prize winner will receive a “Labor Day” poster, autographed by Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin; 2 tickets to see “Labor Day” at a cinema close to winner’s home; a pie baking set; and a T-shirt. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $75.
Runner Up Prize: One runner-up winner will receive a pie baking set and a T-shirt. Approximate retail value of Runner Up Prize: $50.
The following applies to all Prizes: Approximate retail value of all Prizes: $125. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor. Only listed prizes will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize package with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that an advertised prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Expenses not specifically stated above, together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize. Yahoo expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded, or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in, any prize-related activity. Yahoo makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Promotion Entities will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held immediately following the close of the Promotion Period from among all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Prize drawing will be conducted by a representative of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final.
Potential winners will be notified immediately after selection on February 14, 2014. Prize notifications will be delivered by a Twitter update from Yahoo. Each potential winner must respond to prize notification, with all verification information required by Sponsor, within 7 days, or that prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected by random drawing. Prizes will be delivered within 2 to 4 weeks following winner selection via U.S. Mail. Any difference between actual value of a prize and the approximated value of a prize as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
6. General Conditions: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States, including all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
By entering, participants: (a) release and hold harmless Promotion Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any prize-related activity, and (b) grant to Yahoo the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Promotion.
Except where prohibited by law, a winner's acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Promotion Entities to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Promotion without further compensation, consideration, review or consent.
7. Limitations of Liability: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, garbled or unintelligible Entries or Tweets, or for theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Promotion. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Yahoo reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH BELOW, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT 'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY), AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
All issues and questions rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, County of Santa Clara. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Promotion. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, County of Santa Clara (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant, and if not, as determined by the arbitrator), and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
10. Winners List: The names of the prize winners may be obtained between February 15, 2014 and no later than May 14, 2014 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Yahoo Shine Giveaway: Your Tickets to "Labor Day," Plus a Valentine's Surprise, Yahoo! Inc., Attn: Angela Kim, 2400 Broadway, Suite 400, Santa Monica, CA, 90404.
11. Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, print this web page or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Yahoo Shine Giveaway: Your Tickets to "Labor Day," Plus a Valentine's Surprise, Official Rules Requests, Yahoo! Inc., Attn: Angela Kim, 2400 Broadway, Suite 400, Santa Monica, CA, 90404. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests received more than 30 days after the close of the Promotion Period will not be honored.
12. Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc., 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of, nor affiliated in any way with, this Sweepstakes.