FitSugarSource: It's Two Weeks Until Beach Time: Here's Your Plan
OK, ladies, it's time to get serious. If you're planning on losing a few pounds before you hit the beach this Memorial Day, you've got two weeks to plan. Read on: we've got some no-fail tips for you to tone up and lose weight in two weeks.
- Banish Bloating: Prepping for a beach holiday is a lot like preparing for any big event. Take a tip from brides-to-be by abstaining from bloating foods, like beans and artificial sweeteners, for the next two weeks. Learn more bloating foods to avoid here. You can also use your meals to fight bloating, so fill you plate with tropical fruits like pineapple and papaya.
- Time to Detox: Going on an all-juice cleanse isn't exactly the smartest way to drop pounds. Instead, change your diet in a healthier way. Stick to fresh, whole foods with detoxifying properties and try an elimination diet - where you get rid of caffeine, alcohol, and certain foods - to keep you feeling energized and your digestive system happy.
- Step Up Your Exercise: If you're trying to lose a couple pounds, stepping up your workout routine may be all that it takes. And since time is of the essence, nothing gets results like sweat-inducing total-body bootcamp workouts you can do anywhere. We've got one for almost every day until Memorial Day: check out our list of 11 bikini bootcamp workouts that'll be sure to blast calories fast.
- Lose Five Pounds: Want a specific plan that can have you losing up to five pounds by the end of the month? Check out Self Magazine's month-long diet and exercise plan. It promises up to 10 pounds of weight loss in a month, but if you're down to the wire and only have two weeks, you'll still be sure to see results.
- Speed Up Your Metabolism: Burn major calories no matter what you're doing by increasing your metabolism. Simple things like upping your strength-training routine and eating breakfast can make your body burn more calories; read on for more tips on how to boost your metabolism.
3 Ways to Say Goodbye to Belly Fat
Get Ready For Bikini Season With These 5 Debloating Foods
Why Running Isn't Helping You Lose Weight
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook