- Martha Stewart | Holiday Entertaining | Mon, Dec 17, 2012 4:38 PM EST | CommentsThrowing an elegant holiday get-together -- whether a sit-down dinner or a cocktail party -- doesn't have to be stressful. Here are a few tips for hosting a wonderful Christmas gathering without breaking a sweat.
1. Put Together a Guest List and Invitations
Once you've decided what kind of party you're going to host, determine the date, time, guest list, and menu. Then put together a list of people to invite and decide how you're going to get the word out (you can send an invitation via email or post, or you can call guests). We suggest inviting your guests at least three to four weeks in advance if not sooner, as calendars fill up fast around the holiday season.
Plus: The 42 Prettiest Christmas Cookies
2. Easy Menu Ideas
Now that you know what type of party you're going to host and you have a guest list, it's time to pick what you'll serve. If you're having a dinner party, use one of these easy menus, or pick and choose which rec...Read More »
- Martha Stewart | Holiday Entertaining | Mon, Dec 17, 2012 5:27 PM EST | Comments
By Justine Lorelle LoMonaco
Planning a bash they'll never forget doesn't have to sap all your free time and energy. In fact, you can do it in the time it would take you to watch four episodes of Downton Abbey. Here's how to throw a day-of shindig they'll think took you weeks to plan.Read More »
- Woman S Day | Holiday Entertaining | Tue, Dec 11, 2012 12:19 PM EST | CommentsBy Woman's Day Staff
Make Christmas extra-special this year with these stylish decorations
Read More »
- Babble.com | Holiday Entertaining | Wed, Dec 5, 2012 3:56 PM EST | Comments
If you're throwing a holiday party, get ready! Sure holiday parties a ton of fun, but planning one can also be stressful and overwhelming. There are decorations, food, drinks, entertainment, and more to prepare...and then there's the perfect holiday outfit to plan! And this is all in the midst of doing your holiday shopping. Whew, just thinking about it has me exhausted! That's why I've put together this list of 7 things you need to throw the perfect holiday party. Hopefully this will make the next few weeks a LOT easier! - By Liz Stanley
MORE ON BABBLERead More »
- Thenest.com | Holiday Entertaining | Wed, Dec 5, 2012 3:53 PM EST | Comments
Check out these delightful gift ideas to show your thanks -- without breaking the bank!
By The Editors for TheNest.com
© 2012 The Nest. All rights reserved.Read More »
PICK OF THE DAY
- 6 stylish Christmas stockings Holiday Entertaining