The ultimate baked potato!Dinner is never dull when baked potatoes are on the menu. For a twist, I sometimes serve them topped with our weekend leftovers. We pile crunchy French onions atop juicy pot roast - all layered over creamy macaroni and cheese - for the ultimate comfort food. If you're feeling adventurous, add a dollop of salsa for a spicy kick! Get the napkins ready, because this could get messy!
Pot Roast Mac & Cheese Baked Potato
4 Idaho russet potatoes
8 tablespoons prepared macaroni and cheese
8 tablespoons prepared pot roast
4 tablespoons French fried onions
Sliced green onions for garnish
1. Heat conventional oven to 425°F
2. Pierce tops of potatoes with fork several times. (Do not wrap in aluminum foil.)
3. Bake potatoes on oven rack 60 to 70 minutes or until tender when pierced. (When using a convection oven, bake at 375°F for 55 minutes.)
4. Remove from oven; cool 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Using a teaspoon, scooping out approximately 2 tablespoons of potato in center of each, leaving room for toppings.
6. Put in 2 tablespoons of warm macaroni and cheese, 2 tablespoons of warm pot roast, 1 tablespoon French onions and a sprinkle of green onions. Repeat with the rest of the potatoes. Serve immediately.
- By Ericka Sanchez