by Gena Kaufman, Glamour
Anyone up for a little weekend romance? After a long hard work week, you may need to put a little effort into getting in sexy relaxation mode, and here's how to do it.
To get the low down on how to set the perfect sexy mood, we got a few tips and suggestions from Patty Brisben, Founder of Pure Romance. Read on, then get busy!
- DO use candles to set the mood. Not only does it feel romantic, but Patty says "the glow of a candle is an easy way to flatter your body." Double bonus: Use a massage oil candle, like the one below, and you can use the melted oil as a warm body balm to really get things heated up.
- DON'T leave them burning after you get um, distracted. Busting out the fire extinguisher to put out the flames on your curtains is sure to ruin your night. Safety first, girls!
Burning Desire Candle, $24
The Sound of Music
- DO put on some background tunes. It's extra special to create a romantic CD or playlist with soft, sexy tunes that you both love. But if you don't have the time? Patty recommends you pick a Pandora station like Adele or Al Green.
- DON'T turn on the radio. As Patty points out, some songs may not be appropriate for your night of fun, and radio commercials can really kill the mood! ("It's hard to feel sexy with someone yelling about a monster truck rally in the background.")
See more: 30 Sex Tips Every Woman Should Consider
Chocolate Fantasy Kit, $18Tasty Delights
- DO experiment with flavors. For instance, Patty suggests you harness the aphrodisiac power of chocolate by drizzling your partner with body toppings like below, and have fun licking them off.
- DON'T experiment with actual chocolate. Beware of using real foods on your body. As Patty says, "You might love a sugar-packed treat, but so does yeast. Melting the average candy bar for use in foreplay could lead to an unwanted, and un-sexy, infection." Um, no thanks!
All Dressed Up
- DO wear something that makes you feel confident and sexy. If you're over lingerie, maybe just one of his button-down shirts and heels (we know guys love that!). Wear an outfit that makes you feel hot. Patty wisely says, "He will find your confidence alluring."
- DON'T wear something that has multiple hooks, bows, and clasps; he'll never be able to get you out of it! Patty cautions this will crush his ego.
- DON'T force yourself into something so tight and uncomfortable you can't breathe, no matter how sexy it looks. Just ask Melissa…passing out does not put either of you in the mood.
See more: 9 Sex Secrets Men Want You to Know
52 Weeks of Naughty Nights Card Game, $15Fun and Games
- DO experiment with bedroom toys and games to spice up your relationship and show off your adventurous side. The sexy card game below offers a year's worth of inspiration, but feel free to invent your own games (and play by your own rules!) as well.
- DON'T rush it. When introducing new couple's games or toys into your sex life, Patty says "It's important to keep in mind what makes sense for the stage of your relationship and stay within the comfort level of both partners."
- DON'T be too competitive. Patty says, "The point of these games is to communicate, connect, and explore each other in new ways. Being a stickler and keeping score is no fun. Remember: at the end of the game, EVERYONE should be a winner!" Wink!
Are you inspired to head home from work and set the mood for your guy? What are your tricks for getting out of work mode and into sexy mode?
More from Glamour:
10 Hot Date-Night Outfits (According to Guys)
Men's Secret Bedroom Fears
50 Things Men Are Afraid to Ask For (But Really Want)
10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
by Gena Kaufman, Glamour