The Scandal and Divergent actor shares his tips for a happy marriage. And he should know - after 26 years, his wife Jane is still The One.
1. It's all about communication. It's too easy to make assumptions about the people we're with all the time - what they're thinking or feeling - without actually talking.
2. My best accomplishment is the time I've put into our two daughters. But now Jane and I are empty nesters, and all of a sudden we can do whatever we want, which is exciting.
3. We have a Sunday ritual where I make a really great breakfast, like waffles; later we follow it up with a big home-cooked dinner.
4. My wife is impossible to surprise, but for her 50th birthday, I had about 70 friends from all over the world waiting when she walked into the restaurant - she was shocked.
5. 5. A "guys' night out" for me is…being with my wife! Since I'm at work a lot, I want to be with her when I'm home.
6. The best part of my day is going to bed every night with Jane. I still feel lucky about that.
- By Wendy Zipes Hunter
More from Good Housekeeping: