Your ex is probably keeping an online eye on you...Breakups suck. But even though the two of you are totally dunzo, your ex will probably still have his (online) eye on you. So...why not give him a show? This is totally okay, says dating expert Marni Battista. You just have to make sure it's coming from the right place.
By Dara Adeeyo
It's important that you come from a place of sharing your joy and letting him (and the world) know you are more than okay since the breakup and have happily moved on, versus wanting him to know he missed out on something really awesome-even though he totally did. Here's how:
1. Find a really positive breakup quote that really resonates for you and post it on Facebook or Instagram. Tell the world you know that sometimes the worst things in life end up being the best. This is a great one: "Some people think that it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go."
2. And if you're feeling ballsy, share your favorite breakup song that pretty much sums up how you feel about the two of you being over with a "Love this song!" caption.
3. Post a positive status update that shines on the people in your life. It'll let the world know you're stable because you've got a great support system. For example: "Love my friends. Feeling like the luckiest girl in the world!"
Related: 15 Celebrity Breakup Quotes to Mend Your Broken Heart
4. Check-in to really cool places on Foursquare/Facebook like a concert or that hot new mexican place that's hard to get a reservation for. Don't be afraid to show-off that you're out and about having a great time.
5. Share pics of you having a lot of fun with your friends-flowing hair, drinks in hand, big happy smiles! Scenic locale preferable. It's great to show that you are loved by other than just yourself.
6. Put up a really hot picture of yourself (selfie time!). And if that pic was posted to Facebook, wait a few weeks to go by and then ask your BFF to "tag" you in it. It'll pop up in his feed again, serving as a little reminder of your hotness.
Read more at Cosmopolitan.com!
3 Rules to Get Over a Breakup
9 Surprising Things You Shouldn't Do on Facebook
How to Get Over Him: The No B.S. Guide to Surviving a Breakup
15 Songs That Will Help You Get Over A Breakup Fast
Today on Yahoo
1 - 6 of 48