George Clooney and Stacy Keibler's relationship remind you of the early days of TomKat? Think back to the over-enthusiastic P.D.A at red carpet premieres; the ball-gown makeover of an unlikely female partner; the timeline from first date to relationship that seemed way to quick for a high-profile star in total control of his public persona.
It's not that I don't believe George and Stacy have a connection: he's a leg man, according to his recent Rolling Stone interview and she's a human set of stilts. She can "hang with the guys" and they both have a "good sense of humor" according to unidentified sources we can only imagine.
But it's all happening so fast.
We're talking about George Clooney, a man who's brand of classic Hollywood cool has been built brick by brick. He doesn't seem like the type to let his romantic impulses spiral out of control in the public domain. Could he really be that smitten? Some thing just doesn't feel right.
1. For starters their unconditional romance seemed to sprout spontaneously and just in time for the premiere of his new movie. Weren't we just talking about him breaking up with Elisabetta Canalis? According to reports, he broke up with Canalis in June and started "seriously dating" Keibler in August. "They're basically exclusive at this point," another unidentified person told US Weekly. Well that was fast.
2. Even if his relationship with Keibler didn't overlap with his time with Canalis, it seems a little cruel to be making such a public show of affection this soon after his last long-term relationship. If you were Clooney, a man who is by definition "classy", wouldn't you be a little kinder, or at least flaunt your new girlfriend a little less? Do you really have to kiss her hand publicly and pose for photos as you introduce her to your parents? It all seems a little callous. And besides, what does he have to prove? Maybe it's some kind of rebound revenge tactic (we've all done it) but he's George Clooney, for goodness sakes. It's assumed he's picked up another lover in record time. Does he need to rub it in his ex's face?
3. It's also strange that both Keibler and Canalis were "Dancing with the Stars" contestants, right?
4. And how did Clooney and Keibler meet, anyway?
5. Also, George Clooney is a private man."I might have a girlfriend, but I'm never going to talk about it. I get one thing to keep to myself," he told Rolling Stone. So how come he's so accepting of his brand new girlfriend tweeting about their daily exploits?
6. And about those tweets. Here's one Keibler recently posted: "You know its love when your boyfriend has elbow surgery 2 days ago and takes u to a #ravens game...especially when he's a Bengals fan." Say you're a grown woman dating George Clooney. Are you really going to refer to him as your "boyfriend" ...and in a tweet? He's more of an elegant man-friend, or perhaps a beau. How about playing it a little cool for a few more months, instead of announcing to the world "it's love."
7. They've been to Mexico twice in their brief courtship and they're reportedly going back again for Thanksgiving. Okay, that's something famous, rich couples can do. But how come they always go with a clan of people? Maybe they should try being alone a little.
8. Okay I found out how they met: he came up to her at a party in 2006 and said she should win "Dancing with the Stars". Do they really mix in the same circles? And exactly what kind of party was this? According to reports, they were re-introduced by "a mutual friend" in recent months. Wait, is this the same friend who hosted the party? What is this world where wrestlers-turned-reality stars schmooze with globe-trotting Oscar winners? Invite me to the next party, please. I just need to understand.
George Clooney: total commitment-phobe
Clooney talks skinny dipping and tradition
Canalis on Clooney's fatherly ways
Clooney's classic American style