Courtesy of Tiffany and Co
by Lauren Frankfort
We love gathering wedding inspiration via social media, and with our live-streamed Brides Live Wedding happening in less than a month, you can't deny that "I dos" are becoming increasingly digital-whether you're voting on Facebook to decide every aspect of a couple's big day, or simply spotting a friend's engagement ring for the first time on Instagram. In honor of National Proposal Day (it's today!), here are six statistics found by David's Bridal about how much brides love to spread good news and gather opinions on Pinterest, Skype, and Facebook.
1) Inspiration on the Internet: "59 percent of brides say online resources like Pinterest, Facebook and blogs are the best places to find wedding inspiration."
2) Digital dressing rooms: "68 percent of brides use technology during their fittings, from texting pictures to family to posting videos on a social media site."
3) Laying down the social media law: "56 percent of newlywed women think it's important to have social media rules at the wedding."
Related: The Most Flattering Wedding Dress For Your Body Type
4) Virtual wedding guests: "Now trending, nearly half (49 percent) of all respondents say they would consider "skype-ing" their wedding."
5) Dress embargo: "61 percent forbid their bridesmaids from uploading pics of the bride donning her dress before the ceremony."
6) Follow the leader: "52 percent say the bride and groom must be the first to post a picture of their wedding to a social media site."
7) Making it Facebook official: "Up 11 percent from 2011, 59 percent of brides will update their Facebook status to "married" or update their new name within a day of walking down the aisle."
More from Brides:
64 Engagement Rings Under $5000
50 Most Romantic Wedding Venues in the U.S.
Sexy Lace Wedding Dresses
29 Couples Share Their Adorable First Dance Songs