5 Things You Need to Know This Week"5 Things You Need to Know This Week" is a reoccurring Friday feature at Common Sense Media
In addition to spring movie season heating up, we're also celebrating a Kickstarter success story, remembering our favorite music teachers, and sharing our Netflix picks on Facebook -- or are we? Here are some of the hot topics around our office this week.
- The drug- and sex-fueled movie Spring Breakers, starring Disney queens Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens, is ruffling parents' feathers -- especially those whose kids have seen them as role models.
- Fans of canceled TV series Veronica Mars kicked in $2 million in one day to fund the production of a movie based on the show.
- Grammys aren't just for pop stars. Our digital media director/resident cellist invites you to nominate the music teachers who've most inspired you.
- Ready to expose your guilty pleasures? Netflix goes social with a new Facebook app.
- Riding high on its Best Picture Oscar win, Argo faces a potential lawsuit for its portrayal of Iran.
About Common Sense Media
Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology. We exist because our kids are growing up in a culture that profoundly impacts their physical, social, and emotional well-being. We provide families with the advice and media reviews they need in order to make the best choices for their children. Through our education programs and policy efforts, Common Sense Media empowers parents, educators, and young people to become knowledgeable and responsible digital citizens. For more information, go to:www.commonsense.org.