LilSugarSource: 8 Spooktacular Halloween Apps Perfect For Tots
Even the littlest ghouls will love playing these Halloween apps that are age-appropriate without being too spooky. These fun games sneak in the learning long after the excitement of All Hallows' Eve has waned. From coloring apps that allow your child to use her finger to create a Halloween scene to fun games that encourage your tyke to use shapes to form a silly jack-o'-lantern, we've found the best budget-friendly - or free! - Halloween games to get your kids ready for the big day! Click through to find the perfect one to play today.
- Coloroodle: Halloween: This coloring Halloween app ($1) will keep your little ghoul busy creating fun, spooky scenes using her fingers as crayons. The finished spook-tacular drawings can be saved to your camera roll or posted on Facebook.
- Carve-a-Pumpkin: Here's a safe and easy (no knives involved!) way to carve a pumpkin with your tot. The Carve-a-Pumpkin app from Parents magazine is also free, making it a great addition to your collection. Kids choose from a variety of pumpkin styles and then pick the perfect eyes, nose, and mouth to create a unique pumpkin.
- The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin: Here's a fun interactive Halloween story that has something exciting on every page. Your little goblin will follow along with The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin ($1) and learn new vocabulary, find hidden sounds, and enjoy listening to the narrated story.
- Funny Halloween: Perfect for the very little kids, this Funny Halloween app ($1) has different screens filled with silly spooks that make funny noises when they are touched. Your babe will enjoy touching and seeing what happens.
More from LilSugar: Flash Card App Keeps the Kids Sharp All Year Round
- Scary Pumpkin: Your tot can select a background, choose different faces for her pumpkin, and create silly arrangements while playing with this pumpkin app ($1). Finished creations are saved and can be printed later in color or black and white.
- Spooky Groove: Created by a mom, this spooky music app ($1) encourages tots to tap along with the beat and amplify sounds by touching different instruments. And your little ghoul can compose her own special Halloween groove!
- Giggle Ghosts: Perfect for tots learning counting and numbers, this silly giggling ghost app ($1) encourages your little one to try to get all 20 ghosts where they belong on Halloween. The apps' four levels teach basic math, have fun noises, make engaging music, and include vivid artwork.
- ClickySticky Halloween Sticker Book: If your tot loves stickers, than here's a Halloween sticker app ($1) that will keep her busy for hours. With different silly, spooky scenes, your tot can decorate by tapping and moving the stickers, which also encourages hand-eye coordination.
Celebrate the Season With 20 Fun Fall Arts and Crafts
Get Schooled with Educational iPhone Apps
Back to School: Digital Textbook Resources
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook