What better way to welcome guests than with a seasonal, easy-to-make door decoration? With fun add-ons and pretty patterns, one basic wreath form can turn into a slew of crafty possibilities. Click through for full instructions and tips for making three beautiful wreaths. For all three wreaths, carefully use a serrated bread knife to slightly round off both the inside and the outside edges of the front side of the Styrofoam form.
· 2 bags preserved moss mat (find it at Michaels.com, or check HobbyLobby.com for stores)
· 1 bag greening pins
· 1 bag each of 3 varieties of reindeer moss: spring, light and dark green
· Tree lichen from your yard (optional)
· 1 small artificial bird's nest
· Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
· 3 small faux eggs
· 1 small faux bird, like a finch
· Pinking shears
· 1 yd neutral-color sturdy fabric
1. Tear the moss mat into long strips to wrap around the wreath form. Pin the strips to the form along the strip ends and edges as needed. Cover the form.
2. Arrange the small pieces of reindeer moss in groups, using all 3 colors, around the front and sides of the wreath. Pin each piece all the way into the wreath (the moss will spring back over the pins). If desired, add lichen pieces to the wreath in the same way.
3. Pin the bird's nest to the front bottom of the wreath.
4. Fill the nest with a thin layer of reindeer moss.