9 reasons why the Kardashians should stay out of fashion

We've never really understood why the Kardashians are famous. Sure they had a famous father, they have a famous step-father, they're incredibly wealthy, and the girls are attractive. Then of course there was the Kim Kardashian sex tape, the family reality show, and Kourtney and Khloe's spinoff. They became famous for being famous! So in an attempt to legitimize themselves, Kim and her sisters started putting their names on perfume bottles, clothing lines, and even their own clothing stores. But what do these girls really know about the fashion industry, other than the fact that they wear expensive clothing? Not much. And after their latest stunt, we'd like kick their butts out of it.

Last week, Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe opened their new Dash boutique in the Soho area of New York City with much fanfare. And it wasn't because people wanted to buy their clothing. They publicly Tweeted exactly when they would be there and created a mob scene-turned-riot that resulted in multiple arrests!

Mary Anne Cartelli, who lives across the street from the Dash boutique, describes what happened on opening night: "The noise was deafening. My husband feared for our glass front door as people were pressed up against it...When the situation became clearly out of control, practically a riot of crazed fans, I called 911 and asked for crowd control as I was concerned someone would get hurt. After the police arrived...several arrests were made for disorderly conduct." Let's please remember for a second that this is a retail store opening. Wtf.

Sean Sweeney, director of the Soho Alliance, told the Villager, "I think it is reprehensible that they would tweet their fans to purposely create this zoo on our streets. They're lucky no one was injured nor property destroyed. The arrests for disorderly conduct illustrate that the neighbors' complaints were well-founded. The Kardashians are attempting to bring all that is wrong with Los Angeles to Soho, as well as to their fans - a generation of classless, tasteless, and clueless sheep." Ha! We couldn't have said it better ourselves.

They've only been here a week, and we already wish the Kardashians would leave New York. (But no such luck since Kim and Khloe are shooting a new reality show here and Kourtney somehow landed a role on "One Life to Live" which films in NYC.) And while their store disturbance was a big one, it is only one of many offenses they've made in the fashion industry. Here are seven more. [The Villager]