- Mon, Mar 31, 2014 10:24 AM EDT | Comments
More from Bridal Guide:
- Incredible Harry Potter-Inspired Weddings
- 50 Amazing Superhero-Themed Wedding Ideas
- How to Ask for (and Get!) the Wedding You Want
- Find Your Dream Wedding Gown!
By: Stefania Sainato
- Mon, Mar 10, 2014 3:49 PM EDT | Commentsby Christa Lee
My first experiment with dry shampoo was simply a disaster: I sprayed too much, too closely to my hair and for far too long-it ended up a white, powdery mess. But I was unwilling to give up on the idea of being able to revive a second-day hairstyle in just a few seconds; so I talked with Kevin Mancuso, New York City-based global creative director of Nexxus Salon Hair Care, who had amazing, brilliant tips.
- Sat, Mar 29, 2014 11:52 AM EDT | CommentsThese days it's hard to resist the DIY craft bug. Everything from homemade Play-Doh to intricate paper projects are visible everywhere, which can make moms who are all thumbs feel a bit, well, inadequate.
Luckily, there are a bunch of fun craft projects out there which take nearly all the guesswork out of gussying up tiny clothespin people or decorating elaborate dollhouses. There's no shame in buying all the pieces and following some easy instructions! The sense of purpose and creativity that go along with them are just as exciting as homespun craft projects, and the lack of anxiety and stress is a major bonus. We're rounded up a few of our favorite guided craft projects for you here--so click around and get crafty!
By Biba Milioto
- Fri, Mar 28, 2014 6:17 PM EDT | CommentsOne of our favorite ways to start the day is with a piping hot cup of coffee and a thought-provoking TED talk. In case you're not familiar with the group, TED (which stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to spreading ideas through projects and talks by a diverse group of inspired thinkers-people of all cultures, ages and disciplines. As you can probably guess, listening to these innovators share their ideas is a surefire way to jumpstart your day and get your creative juices flowing. The only downside is how easy it is to fall into a black hole of these addictive lectures.
With that said, we know you're too busy parenting to wade through the sea of over 1,600 TED-sanctioned speeches to find the ones you will most enjoy. No worries-we've done the scouting for you.
Click through the slideshow above for the eight TED talks every parent needs to see. From Robyn O'Brien's revelatory speech on what kids today are actually eating to the Babble co-founders' playful exposé of the ultimate parenting taboos, you'll relish every minute of these witty, inspiring, informative speeches. Full of helpful advice and fresh perspectives on one of the greatest challenges you'll ever face, we can guarantee you'll find yourself hitting "repeat" more than once.
By Cordelia Tai
- Fri, Mar 28, 2014 5:49 PM EDT | CommentsThe wannabe rock star in us remembers white jeans as Queen frontman Freddy Mercury's trouser of choice. With this in mind, how appropriate that the title of one of his songs should be the result of wearing his signature pants. "Fat-Bottomed Girls" is a road-trip classic, perfect for jamming out to, Wayne's-World style. It describes a woman who oozes confidence and sex appeal, all the while embracing her curves. And if Beyoncé and Jennifer Lopez taught us anything, it is that curves are the greatest asset (ha!) that a girl can have.
We say, follow the path paved by Lopez and Mrs. Carter- two ladies that have shown us that white jeans suit every body type...and every season, for that matter. They serve as a clean slate, a great base that looks just as fabulous with a chunky sweater and boots in winter as it does with a light tunic and sandals for spring. And with summer on the horizon, best to stock up on the warm-weather staple now.
By Barry Samaha
- Fri, Mar 28, 2014 5:33 PM EDT | CommentsIt's been an eventful week for some of our favorite A-list mamas. Gwyneth Paltrow "consciously uncoupled" from husband of eleven years Chris Martin, immediately setting media outlets ablaze. Bold, beautiful and poised as ever, the Goop guru paid no mind to the frenzy and continued doing what she does best-doling out healthy lifestyle advice. On March 22, World Water Day, the actress showed off her immaculate skin and natural beauty in a makeup-free selfie taken whilst sipping on a bottle of "healing" H2O.
Kim Kardashian, on the other hand, was busy celebrating the release of her first-ever Vogue cover. Kim promoted the issue's debut by posting one of Annie Leibovitz's portraits of the Kardashian-West clan on Instagram. In it, little North West rests on her mom's chest while Kim plants a kiss on her baby daughter's lips. (Kim chose not to post the photo in which a diaper-free baby North was reportedly peeing all over her daddy. Was that payback for all the times he's refused to change you, Nori?)
Meanwhile, Jessica Alba, Michelle Obama and Beyoncé took full advantage of spring break, jet-setting all over the world with their broods. The First Lady and her daughters hiked the Great Wall; Jessica, Cash and Honor checked out a smaller wall in Berlin; and elsewhere in Eastern Europe Bey, Jay and Blue biked the streets of Amsterdam (seems to be Queen Bey's preferred method of transport).
Check out these celebrity Instagrams and more in the slideshow above and tell us how you spent or plan to spend your spring vacation in the comments below.
By Cordelia Tai
- Fri, Mar 28, 2014 1:59 PM EDT | CommentsFinding the best-fitting jeans for your shape can be a daunting endeavor. Every body is different, so uncovering that perfect pair is a lesson in trial and error. Having said that, there are a few guidelines that you can follow to make the search more efficient. Depending on your shape--from hourglass to apple to ruler--it is wise to stick to certain cuts and colors. Especially when the jeans in question are printed.
Some of coolest brands on the market (Saint Laurent, Balmain and Kenzo) offered up stylish printed bottoms for spring, which has us wanting to throw out the rule book. There are certain tricks you can follow that will have this trend working for you. Click through the slideshow to check out how you can wear printed jeans this season.
By Barry Samaha
- Fri, Mar 28, 2014 6:22 PM EDT | CommentsBy: Ivy Jacobson for TheNest.com Kate Moss may be the most effortlessly cool and beautiful supermodel ever - so it's fitting that her NYC apartment from the 1990s (think: her famous Calvin Klein ads and being engaged to Johnny Depp) was equally amazing. Kate rented this uber-chic Greenwich Village carriage house as she rose to fame, and now it's on the rental market for $19,000 a month.
Complete with 25-foot ceilings, the 1800s-era apartment building still has some original details, like a gorgeous wood-burning fireplace and exposed brick walls.
We wonder who Kate invited over to lounge in the private garden spaces - on two levels…
More from The Nest:
10 Ways To Make A Small Space Look Bigger
12 Easy Decor Tricks
7 Rules of Interior Design
5 Golden Rules of Renovation
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/thenest
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/thenest
© 2013 The Nest. All rights reserved.
- Fri, Mar 28, 2014 2:30 PM EDT | CommentsSelfies are tired (not to mention potentially unhealthy), so what better antidote than posting photos of infants in adult-size suits and ties? Sure, that might not have been everyone’s go-to solution, but for mommy blogger and advertising creative director Ilana Wiles — the creative force behind viral trends including Baby Mugging and Epic Baby Hair — it was an obvious hit of an idea. Wiles, a New York City mother of two, set out to start the Instagram trend on March 18, and, lo and behold, her dedicated Instagram and Facebook fans, well, followed suit. And the results have been serious fun.—Beth Greenfield
- Thu, Mar 27, 2014 5:55 PM EDT | CommentsBy: Ivy Jacobson for TheKnot.com
Even though there aren't any pictures of Blake Lively's actual wedding gown, we're completely obsessed with her vintage wedding dress and accessories in a photo from her upcoming movie The Age of Adaline. Maybe it'll inspire Ryan Reynolds to renew their vows! Keep scrolling to get Blake's entire look, from her gorgeous flower headband to her silk dress.
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/theknot
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/theknot
© 2013 The Knot. All rights reserved.
- Beauty - 17 minutes ago
- Fashion - 19 minutes ago
- Parenting - 19 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 20 minutes ago
- Parenting - 20 minutes ago