- Wed, Mar 12, 2014 2:22 PM EDT | CommentsMarch is Women's History Month, so what better time to delve into the history of motherhood and take a look back at the invention of products designed to make being a mom a little easier? From baby bottles to breast pumps, here's a round up of what 5 must-haves for babies looked like when they were first created.
-By Jacqueline Tourville
- Wed, Mar 12, 2014 2:23 PM EDT | CommentsThe magic of coconut oil isn't just for the grown-ups. Check out 5 different ways you can utilize coconut oil for baby.
-By Tracy Brennan
- Wed, Mar 12, 2014 1:46 PM EDT | CommentsThe complete dos and don'ts for how to prepare for overnight guests by hostess, author and fashion insider Marian McEvoy. After three decades of hosting grown-up sleepovers for close to 1,000 guests, she's learned that the only way to rig a fun, memorable weekend is to prop and prep the guest room and map out some simple meals and activities.
MORE FROM DOMINO.COM
- Tue, Mar 11, 2014 4:54 PM EDT | Commentsby Christa Lee
Nothing ruins my mani mojo more than this brutal winter season literally breaking my brittle nails in half. With spring clearly in no rush to arrive, I turned to one of the industry's top nail pros for her tips on how to protect my nails from the dry, cold air. The answer was simple, but genius:
"A base coat is not only essential as a barrier between your nails and the color, but it can prevent staining and is also a great nail reinforcer. My nails don't break as much when I use a base coat. I also wear a base coat on its own a lot of the time. Butter London Horsepower Nail Fertilizer is a personal favourite and I am obsessed with the new Nail 999 Rescue System," says Katie Jane Hughes, Butter London Global Colour Ambassador.
It turns out a single layer of base coat-even if you're not wearing a nail color over it-is everything you need to strengthen your nails this season. Click through for a few great matte and shiny options to try right now.
- Wed, Mar 12, 2014 1:24 PM EDT | CommentsBy Vanessa Golenbewski, Refinery29
At this point, we're pretty much forcing spring to come out of hiding. Yes, we know Punxsutawney Phil said winter was going to truck on for another six weeks. But, we're simply not having it. Slowly but surely, we're starting to pack away our hats, boots, and other winter peripherals. And, we're pulling out our spring favorites and trying to integrate key pieces back into our wardrobe. Up first? Our shoes!
Ahead, 21 flats that will help you forget the cold. Because when it comes to our shoe collection, we don't really care what that dang groundhog said.
8 Outfit Ideas For Dressing In Transitional Weather
20 Amazing Curvy-Girl Fashion Finds
The 12 Most Flattering Dresses, Ever
24 Amazingly Affordable Shoes - All Under $100
- Wed, Mar 12, 2014 1:14 PM EDT | CommentsWhat makes a plant a good buy? It's not purchase price alone. Value is best measured by how a plant performs once it's in the ground. "A bargain doesn't need lots of attention, isn't prone to disease or insect problems, and spreads on its own," says Lexington, Kentucky-based landscape designer Jon Carloftis. And while there's no question that annuals deliver the most bang for the buck in a single season, perennials, shrubs, and trees provide long-lasting structure and color to the landscape. We polled our go-to garden experts for their hardy and inexpensive favorites in all four categories.
See more from CountryLiving.com:
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Wed, Mar 12, 2014 10:17 AM EDT | CommentsBy Carly Totten, Lover.ly
If there's one moment you're looking forward to the most about your wedding, it's likely when you and your sweetheart finally say, "We do." It's a moment to love and remember, which is just one of the reasons why we love wedding ceremonies. There are few sources of wedding inspiration better than real couples, so we've rounded up our favorite swoon-worthy ceremonies just for you!
More from Lover.ly:
Wedding ceremony readings from children's books
Already married? Have your wedding featured on Lover.ly!
Wedding dresses we adore
Lover.ly -- search, save, shop, and share all things wedding.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Mon, Mar 10, 2014 2:37 PM EDT | CommentsIn the cosmetics industry, hype is everything. Word of mouth can change the fortunes of a simple beauty product, transforming it from face cream to bona fide miracle worker. The status of "cult" is the ultimate height an item can reach. Once it has earned the public's trust, it sells itself for free—and better than any advertising campaign ever devised. You rarely see ads for Creme de La Mer or Maybelline Great Lash Mascara—although they still sell like hotcakes decades after they first hit the market. Women have begged, borrowed, and stolen to obtain certain cosmetics that they believe in so completely. But just because popular opinion says something is fabulous, doesn't actually make it so. For every genuinely awesome, you-must-try-this mascara or nail polish out there, there's an equally well-known lemon. Here's an objective round up of the ones worth the title, and others that are just running on their rep. —Charlotte Rudge, Shine Staff
- Tue, Mar 11, 2014 5:53 PM EDT | Comments
Spring is finally starting to make an appearance. The cold climates and bare branches are starting to trade places with warmer weather, green trees, and bright sunshine. This season is my absolute favorite. It's a time to get the family out to enjoy the sunshine and fresh blooms. I'm apparently not the only one who gets a rush from this season; these spring festivals are all about saying "Goodbye winter, and hello spring!" Check out 7 festivals that welcome spring across the U.S. - By Jacinda BoneauMORE ON BABBLE
10 gorgeous colors that everyone will be wearing this spring
6 effective workouts for the warm weather
10 trendy and affordable shoes for spring
- Tue, Mar 11, 2014 5:20 PM EDT | CommentsWishing that you had a new updo style to rock? I have just the thing for you! Creating this pretty low bun is as simple as tying a knot. All you need to create this style is pomade or wax, small hair bands, bobby pins, a hand mirror, and a good finishing spray. Tying strands of hair into knots can be tricky to master, but with enough product and a little practice, this updo should take you under 15 minutes to create. Having a little grit and texture in your hair helps, so start with it unwashed. If your hair is clean, you will simply need to add more product to help keep strands easy to manage. Hair can be straight or curly, but note that if your hair is naturally frizzy, you may want to smooth it out beforehand with a round brush, blow dryer, flat iron, or curling iron. The trick to tying clean knots is to smooth the strands first with plenty of pomade or wax to keep them together and neat. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to create the knotted chignon! - Sonya Lee Benham
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 6 hours ago
- Healthy Living - 7 hours ago
- At Home - 8 hours ago
- Pets - 10 hours ago