- Thu, Feb 20, 2014 12:31 PM EST | CommentsBy Jeannine Morris, Refinery29
There's nothing better than a great hair day. And, when it comes to perfecting your 'do, we know it can take an arsenal of products and a lot of time - not to mention perhaps a professional or two. But, what if we told you that you could cheat your way to not just decent, but perfect hair?
RELATED: How To Style Your Hair When You Don't Feel Like Washing It
We turned to none other than celebrity stylist Ted Gibson for advice since understanding hair, no matter what type, is in his DNA. Known for perfecting the red-carpet locks of actresses Ashley Greene, Minka Kelly, and Zoe Saldana, he gave us the 411 on how to make your hair look great with minimal effort.
You can thank us later.
More from Refinery29:
The No-Fail Guide To Banishing Frizz - For Good
The Best New Shampoos For Your Hair Type
5 Simple, Easy Ways To Bust Out Of A Bad Mood
Breaking Out? Here Are The Top Acne-Causing Foods
- Fri, Mar 14, 2014 3:15 PM EDT | CommentsLet's talk about bras for a minute, since they are arguably the most important thing in a woman's wardrobe. Bras that fit correctly improve your posture, flatter your body, boost confidence, and most of all, are comfortable! But statistics say that 85% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. The most common reason for ill-fitting bras is you've had the same ones for far too long. Changes to our body - anything from weight gain/loss to having a baby - have a big effect on how your bra fits, yet we still keep the same bra for years. One of the best ways to fix this problem is to have yourself fitted by a bra specialist - Victoria's Secret does this, as do many department stores! Click through to see 7 signs you might be wearing the wrong bra size and be on your way to a better fitted experience! -By Abi Porter
MORE ON BABBLE
25 common fashion mistakes and how to avoid them
13 vintage "push-up" bras we'll never wear again
7 things to take out of your closet ... now
- Fri, Mar 14, 2014 2:46 PM EDT | Commentsby Sarah Ferguson
Let's get one thing straight: St. Patrick's day isn't the only reason to wear green eyeshadow in spring. First off, the color green represents rebirth and growth, which is basically what the season is all about. Second, it can be worn to celebrate pretty much every spring holiday: Easter, Arbor Day, Earth Day, St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo-you name it! Finally, and perhaps most simply, it looks really pretty on the eyes and nails. Click through above for nine of our favorite pastel green shadows, liners, polishes and more!
- Fri, Mar 14, 2014 11:39 AM EDT | Commentsby Elana Fishman
On the list of colors most women believe they can't wear, green is typically right up there with screaming orange and neon pink. Some stress that verdant tones just don't jive with their skin tones, others fear looking like leprechauns and many insist that the green cast of the clothes will make them appear seasick. But guess what? There are ways to wear the hue-from top to bottom, even-without, well, feeling green around the gills. It's all about choosing the right shade(s) for you-and then deciding how to style the rest of your look.
Click through above to see how some of our favorite celebs and style stars wear this bold color from head to toe-along with our tips and tricks for making the hue work for you. After all, with St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, there's no better time to go green!
- Thu, Mar 13, 2014 12:38 PM EDT | Commentsby Christa Lee
Spring break is just around the corner, and though a dreamy vacation is a great reason to buy a new sunblock, you don't need to wait for warm weather to start using these amazing products to protect your skin: Any dermatologist will tell you SPF protection is important for your every day beauty routine. From drugstore classics to brand new sunblocks, click through for 12 picks to protect you from the sun, no matter where you go.
- Fri, Mar 14, 2014 2:29 PM EDT | Commentsby Hayley Phelan
Definitions of "mule," paraphrased from Merriam-Webster:
1-4. blah blah horse/donkey, stubborn person, drug smuggler, blah blah blah.
5. a shoe or slipper without quarter or heel strap. See also: Spring 2014's must-have shoe.
Okay, I totally added that last part. But it's official: The mule is back. This slip-on style has been shunned by the fashion crowd since the '90s, but like many staples from that era, it's having a major resurgence right now. For proof, just take a look at the Spring 2014 runways of designers such as Celine, Stella McCartney and Fendi-not to mention the well-shod editors who sat in their front rows. In fact, mules are having such a moment I'll go ahead and say that if you're to invest in only one shoe this season, you'd better make it a mule-be it a sneaker, heel, flat or otherwise.
For your shopping pleasure, I've compiled the 10 best mules currently on the market in the slideshow above. Enjoy!
- Thu, Mar 13, 2014 4:03 PM EDT | Commentsby Claire Knebl
Equal parts form and function, the bucket bag is an absolute essential for any girl who spends her days on the go. For one, it expands for all of your schlepping needs and then conveniently cinches at the top. Plus, the '70s-style swingy (and sturdy!) silhouette is roomy but retains its shape, making it perfect for lugging around school supplies now and heading to music festivals later. Seriously, you can fit a water bottle, sunscreen, wallet, hand sanitizer, and slip-on sandals into one of these carry-alls...and it'll still look rad.
Beyond structure, available styles run the gamut. Following the popularity of Mansur Gavriel's sold-out-everywhere instant classic, there are plenty of cool, crisp takes on the trend, from Asos's mellow blue beauty to Banana Republic's perforated white purse. Are you more boho than minimal? Then prepare for the awesomeness of a pink-and-black knit number from Urban Outfitters. You can also go sporty via a super-mini neoprene Zara style or a stark white Juicy Couture carryall. And there are plenty of awesome in-between options too-click through to see for yourself.
And when it comes to styling, bucket bags will pretty much go with any ensemble, but we love pairing them with simple, retro-leaning pieces, like blogger Camilla's flared denim and flowy top. They're also a major match for a simple sundress. It's official-your easy-breezy warm weather wardrobe just met its new best friend.
More from Teen Vogue:
The Best Dressed College Students Across the Country
Chic and Cozy: The Best 80 Sweaters of the Season
Look Cool, Stay Warm: The 65 Cutest Coats to Buy Right Now
10 Quick Ways to Pump Up Your Ponytail
- Fri, Mar 14, 2014 12:24 PM EDT | CommentsFind out why having an occasional brew can be great for your health.
- Fri, Mar 14, 2014 12:13 PM EDT | CommentsBy Vetstreet Staff
There's no shortage of creativity here at Global Pet Expo 2014, where we're seeing all the newest pet products that will soon hit pet store shelves near you. Check out our favorite finds.
More on Vetstreet.com:
- 7 Cuddliest Dog Breeds
U.S. Olympic Medalist's Sochi Stray Dogs Arrive in U.S.
7 Comments That Make Cat Lover's Cringe
- Thu, Mar 13, 2014 2:53 PM EDT | CommentsLimited Edition. Foreign. Discontinued. Obscure. Chanel. These are the keywords that make an ordinary beauty product sell for thousands of dollars on eBay. While the re-sale nail polish market is seriously big business, everything from lipsticks to face scrubs become hot commodities when they're VHTF (very hard to find). Like all collectibles, unopened packging makes the value skyrocket. Products from a decade ago still command triple digits, with their "it" factor outweighing the clear heatlh and sanitation risks—expiration dates, anyone? Here are the mostly absurdly priced items ladies are hunting for on eBay. — Charlotte Rudge, Shine Staff
- Love + Sex - 10 minutes ago
- Beauty - 38 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 39 minutes ago
- Fashion - 53 minutes ago
- Healthy Living - 1 hour 14 minutes ago