- Mon, Apr 14, 2014 3:45 PM EDT | Commentsby Alison Syrett Cleary
You know that scene in Mean Girls when Lindsay Lohan's character describes Halloween as a free pass for girls to wear lingerie in public without repercussion? Well, some Coachella attendees adhere to a similar mentality. Once the concerts kick off, anything goes: no one will mind if you spend the whole weekend in a string bikini, nor will they judge you for painting your body. Headdresses, neon wigs and see-through skirts start to feel jeans and white T-shirt basic.
So we can't really blame the 14 ladies (and one gent!) above-all decked out in some of the most intense festival regalia from this year's event-for getting wild with their Coachella outfits. We aren't exactly saying you should try these looks, of course, but we totally understand why someone might wear one for three freewheeling days of live music. When life gives you chance to frolic through a field in fur boots, a crochet bikini and flower crown without getting arrested then, well, why not?
Click through the slideshow for 15 over-the-top outfits from the first weekend of Coachella 2014.
- Mon, Apr 14, 2014 3:44 PM EDT | CommentsIf you're looking for a fresh take on Easter entertaining, skip the conventional bunny and egg motifs and try spring's new trends and fresh palettes. From flowery decor to cheerful and bright dinnerware, we've rounded up the best home accessories inspired by the season's most celebrated holiday.
By Alexis Jonnson for TheNest.com
More from The Nest:
9 delicious tables worthy of your Easter feast
Space-saving devices that keep your home spotless
15 ultra-cool designer tabletops
22 finds that save the planet (without sacrificing style)
- Wed, Apr 2, 2014 4:54 PM EDT | CommentsWhy splurge on a $$$ dress that you may not wear again after the big night when you can rent the dress of your dreams for much less? Here are the most gorgeous designer dresses you can rent for prom!
26 Nail Art Ideas To Pump Up Your Prom Mani
Celeb Hairspiration: 19 Prettiest Prom Hairstyle Ideas
The Cutest Prom Dresses Under $50
16 Hottest Prom Accessories
- Mon, Apr 14, 2014 12:27 PM EDT | Commentsby Madeline Alford
We've been breathlessly awaiting Proenza Schouler's debut makeup line since MAC announced the collaboration in October, and finally the collection is here! The technicolor collection features limited-edition tie-dye packaging and embodies that California-surfer-girl vibe from the Proenza's spring 2010 collection.
According to the press release, "the cool cleverness of the Proenza Schouler woman is captured in a collection of confident color," and we couldn't agree more. The dynamic colors in the collection are vibrant and on-trend (no surprise there) featuring red-orange and nude lipsticks, deep plum nail lacquer, and a gorgeous ombré blush.
The collection is available at MACCosmetics.com beginning April 21, and at MAC counters from April 24 to May 22, with prices ranging from $18 to $39. Click through the slideshow above to see the full collection and choose which items you want to grab first!
- Mon, Apr 14, 2014 11:48 AM EDT | Commentsby Alyssa Wells
With just a few days left before the big day, you already have a mile-long checklist of to-dos-now meet the don'ts! From impromptu skin treatments to all-night movie marathons, here are 11 things to avoid at all costs.
More from Brides:
The Most Flattering Wedding Dress for Your Body Type
Kim Kardashian's Wedding Dress! 11 Fantasy Sketches
The Most Creative Wedding Cakes of the Year
Gorgeous Plus Size Wedding Dresses
- Mon, Apr 14, 2014 11:20 AM EDT | Commentsby Phillip Picardi
You can always count on the MTV Movie Awards to put on a good show. After all, with a sampling of celebrities ranging from Rihanna to Bella Thorne, it's bound to be an interesting night. And since so many of Young Hollywood's most promising stars show up on the red carpet, there's also so much exciting beauty and fashion to see. Here, the evening's best looks-from the classic to the eccentric.
More from Teen Vogue:
The Best Dressed College Students Across the Country
Yes, You Do Need a Bucket Bag for Spring-Here Are 15 (Ultra-Rad) Reasons Why
Temporary Decorating Tricks Every Girl Should Know
10 Quick Ways to Pump Up Your Ponytail
- Thu, Apr 3, 2014 7:02 PM EDT | Comments
Every child is so different and there are so many variables to any situation, that it's impossible to say that one thing is true for every parent and every child.
In the last nearly four years of parenting, though, I've learned some things that seem to be at least somewhat universal. Have these been true for you too? - By Janssen Bradshaw
- Wed, Apr 9, 2014 6:48 PM EDT | CommentsThe Coachella Music and Arts Festival is back for another two raging weekends of bands, sunshine, and people watching. As always, tens of thousands from all over the globe will gather to battle the desert heat for a unified music fix. And there are always certain types of festival goers you can count on showing up. Here, a dozen of them in cat form. -- By Jennifer Fox and Sofia M. Fernandez.
More Coachella Coverage on Yahoo:
10 Rising Artists to Catch at Coachella 2014
The One Outfit That Will Take You Through Coachella Weekend
- Fri, Apr 11, 2014 6:42 PM EDT | CommentsBy: Samantha Roberts for TheKnot.com
I may be biased as a former college golfer but one of my personal favorite weeks of the year is The Masters - and I know I'm not alone out there! In fact, we see photos and ideas from golf-loving couples all the time around here. Here are a few of my favorites:
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/theknot
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/theknot
© 2013 The Knot. All rights reserved.
- Tue, Apr 8, 2014 3:08 PM EDT | CommentsSpring may have just arrived, but swimsuit season is in full effect (in stores anyway), with many of the popular styles already selling out. If shopping for a bathing suit seems daunting, fear not — this season's trends offer a perfect match for every body type. From long-line bikini tops to athletic-inspired halters to retro one-pieces, be sure to grab the silhouette that suits you while your size is still in stock. By Joanna Douglas, Yahoo Shine Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor
- Author Blog Posts - 22 minutes ago
- Parenting - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
- Love + Sex - 2 hours 9 minutes ago
- At Home - 2 hours 26 minutes ago