- Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion And Beauty Editor | Royal Baby Buzz | Tue, Jul 23, 2013 2:33 PM EDT | Comments
For the average woman who just gave birth, wearing a fancy dress and having perfect hair is probably low on her list of priorities. But the average woman isn't Kate Middleton. When she, Prince William, and their new baby prince exited the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital on Tuesday, there were swarms of photographers and cameramen staking out the exits to capture the newly expanded royal family's departure, so who can blame the Duchess of Cambridge for wanting to look fantastic? Early this morning, her private hair stylist, Amanda Cook Tucker, was enlisted to tame and curl Middleton's hair, and she was accompanied by another woman, possibly an assistant or stylist....Read More »
Kate Middleton's Stylish Maternity Looks
Arthur Edwards, a longtime royal photographer working for the Sun, tweeted that he spotted Middleton's stylist entering the Lindo Wing in London at 9:56 that morning. Edwards has been photographing the royal family since 1977 and was also waiting outside of St. Mary's when Prince Willi
- Sarah B. Weir, Shine Senior Writer | Royal Baby Buzz | Tue, Jul 23, 2013 1:43 PM EDT | CommentsPrince Charles was only 2, his mother, Princess Elizabeth, left him to celebrate Christmas with his grandparents while she visited her husband, who was stationed in Malta. It's unlikely that the new royal baby boy will be spending important holidays without his doting parents. Just as they seem comfortable with being referred to as "Will and Kate" by millions of royal watchers, it's predicted that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's parenting style will be warm, casual, and hands-on.When
And it seems as if the hands-on part has already begun, as new mom Kate announced to the world upon exiting the hospital on Tuesday that it was her husband who had changed the baby's first nappy (better known as a diaper in the United States).
More on Yahoo!: Royal Baby Takes Over the Internet: Best Memes, GIFs, and Jokes
"Prince William benefited from Diana's attempts to provide a normal childhood," Arianne Chernock, a Boston University professor and expert on British royal history, told Yahoo! Shine....Read More »
- Okmagazine | Royal Baby Buzz | Tue, Jul 23, 2013 3:21 PM EDT | CommentsOf course Will and Kate wore matching blue outfits to introduce the #RoyalBaby to the world just seconds ago. The happy parents descended the famous steps of St. Mary's with their new bundle of joy and then wait for it-did interviews!! Like, we can't even. Not only did Kate look amaze after literally giving birth yesterday, but they were the coolest parents ever just now. Oh, Hi, here's our super-famous kid you've all been waiting to see for weeks, we'll just do a quick photo opp, then head on out. William even drove their car away himself-himself! Now that's how you do post-birth-hype Brit style.
Also, we're loving Kate's nod to Princess Di in her blue, polka-dot, Jenny Packham dress-Diana wore a similar green version when she held Prince William on those very steps years ago. So chic and sweet.
What do you think of Kate's post-pregnancy style? Are you as smitten with her nostalgic dress choice as we are? Sound off in the comments below or tweet your #RoyalBaby thoughts to @OKMagazin...Read More »
- Elise Solé, Shine Staff | Royal Baby Buzz | Tue, Jul 23, 2013 8:44 AM EDT | Comments
Kate Middleton and Prince William are back home at Kensington Palace after introducing the world to England's future king outside of St. Mary's Hospital on Tuesday. Shortly after they arrived, they were greeted by Aunt Pippa and her boyfriend Nico Jackson. It was an exciting day for the couple, but that first night on their own with a newborn baby can also be an emotional time for parents, said Karen Ruskin, PsyD, a licensed marriage and family therapist.
"A new mother usually feels euphoric connecting with her infant but also weepy because the experience is new and overwhelming," Ruskin explained. "She may also feel anxious and vulnerable, especially if she's a first-time mother. And if the baby is crying a lot, sleep is hard to come by."...Read More »
Earlier today, crowds had gathered outside the hospital, waiting for the royal baby to make his appearance. Finally, just after 7:00 p.m. local time, the couple exited the building. Middleton wore a Jenny Packham light blue dress with white polka dot
- Elise Solé, Shine Staff | Royal Baby Buzz | Tue, Jul 23, 2013 11:55 AM EDT | Comments
royal baby was born on Monday (a prince!) and while Buckingham Palace confirmed the basics—Kate Middleton gave birth at St. Mary’s Hospital at 4:24 p.m. BST to a boy weighing 8 pounds, 6 ounces — cosmically speaking, there’s plenty more to learn about the future king.... The Read More »
More on Yahoo! Shine: Kate Middleton and Prince William's First Day As New Parents
For starters, the royal baby’s astrological sign is Cancer, according to astrologer Susan Miller, who analyzed the baby’s chart based on the time and date of his birth.
More on Yahoo!: 30 Fun Facts About New Mom Kate Middleton
As a Cancer, the royal baby will be a homebody, said Miller. “And unlike some people who can only spend so much time with their parents, the royal baby will genuinely enjoy the company of Mom and Dad.” He won’t have a ton of friends, but mischievous Uncle Harry will be able to nudge him out of his shell. “They will get along wonderfully because Harry is a Virgo which is compatible with Cancer,” said Miller. But don