Love kissing? Get ready for some summer smooches with these easy tips!Still have chapped or dry lips left over from the winter? There are many natural ways to make your lips soft and kissable in time for romantic summer nights. Not only are lips the gateway to food pleasure, they are a tactile and sensory organ which has many nerve endings. These nerve endings send sensations along our nerve pathways that directly affects our desire.
Not only are our lips filled with multiple nerve endings, they also attract to the opposite sex. In several research studies, the size, plumpness and health of lips affected how sexually attracted a man felt to a woman. The healthier and fuller a woman's lips were, the higher the women rated on the desirability scale.
So, how do you get your lips to be kissable, soft, plump and ready to attract a mate? Just follow these five simple steps on a regular basis to be ready when a kiss from Mr. Right happens. Read More: Kissing 101: 6 Steps To The Perfect Smooch
1. Do a weekly exfoliation. The skin on the lips is very thin and lacks the same oil glands as the rest of your skin. By exfoliating the dead skin off of them, you expose the healthy fresh skin below them. I like to mix fruit with simple table sugar to create a double-strength scrub, because certain fruit acids (alpha-hydroxy acids) are also natural exfoliants.
For a fun summer treat, I recommend taking a frozen grape, cutting it in half, putting a pinch of table sugar on it and rubbing it over the lips. The dual action of the exfoliation and the alpha-hydroxy acids help keep lips smooth longer.
2. Externally moisturize. Once you exfoliate the dead skin, the next step is to moisturize. One of my favorite combinations to naturally moisturize the lips is honey and papaya. Papaya is high in antioxidants and natural moisturizers; honey is a humectant which means that it draws moisture to where it's applied. Make a paste with the honey and papaya, and put it in ice cube trays to freeze.
When you're ready to moisturize your lips, take out a cube and rub it over your lips; as an added bonus, papaya actually plumps the lips so it makes your lips fuller and sexier.
3. Internally moisturize.The purpose of internal moisture is to have nourished lips from the inside out. If you want healthy lips, you should drink 10-12 glasses of water a day, and add healthy oils to your diet, like fish or borage oil. These will improve overall moisture. Remember, if you are a smoker, don't smoke for 30 minutes before the big goodnight kiss, in order to have optimal kissing moisture. Read More: Get Your Smooch On: 7 Ways To Get A Guy To Kiss You
4. Apply natural lips balms. Lip balms with petroleum products, such as mineral oil and petroleum jelly are actually drying to the lips. Apply a natural lip balm after you moisturize to seal in the moisture. Look for lip balms that have almond, rosehip, or jojoba oils in them for the best effects. If you get a lip balm with peppermint essential oil, it has the added effect of increasing circulation to the lips, which increases plumpness and gives them a healthy glow.
5. Show off your pearly whites. To easily whiten your teeth, all you need is a strawberry and some baking soda. Cut the strawberry in half, and use the green top as a handle. Sprinkle baking soda on the cut side of the fruit, and wipe it over your teeth for 10 minutes. The interaction between the fruit acid and the baking soda produces a natural whitening action. Using this method, you can make your teeth a shade whiter in less than 20 minutes. This process will only draw more attention to your luscious lips.
It's easy to have a plump, sexy, kissable mouth this summer; just follow these easy tips!
Written by Dawn Gates for YourTango.com.
More From YourTango.com: