POPSUGAR BeautySource: CC Creams Explained and 8 Formulas You Can Buy Now
The skin care alphabet is steadily expanding as the craze has jumped from last year's star BB creams to the 2013 must-have CC cream. But what's the difference? BB, short for beauty balm, boasts anti-aging benefits, UV protection, and brightening benefits, while CC cream, aka color control cream, has all that and more. CC creams work like skin care treatments, minimizing dark spots and wrinkles over time to give you a better complexion in a matter of months. Plus, many brands are offering multiple shades to reach a wider spectrum of skin tones. Now that you know more, here are eight CC creams you can try now.
- Clinique: With six different shades, Clinique's CC Cream ($35) has an option for most skin tones. Lightweight and oil-free, this makeup smooths the complexion and helps take down sallowness.
- Smashbox: Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream ($42) comes in five shades that range from fair to dark, maximizing the amount of complexions covered. Watch discoloration fade away, and get ready for your HD close-up.
- Peter Thomas Roth: Peter Thomas Roth Complexion Corrector ($48) is packed with vitamin C to naturally brighten and firm. It's available in three wide-ranging shades, and with its SPF 30 rating, you'll get just the right amount of skin protection, too.
- Hard Candy: For an affordable way to jump on the newest trend in skin care, look to Hard Candy's Correction Creme ($8). Four different shades brighten multiple skin tones with the assistance of pearlized beads.
More from POPSUGAR Beauty: 4 Steps to Wedding-Perfect Skin
- Juice Beauty: Because it works to counteract wrinkles and sun damage, Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream ($39) is actually more of an anti-aging product than makeup. With only two shades available, however, it's best for fairer complexions or used as a primer.
- Nip + Fab: If you need a highly hydrating makeup formula, then Nip + Fab CC Cream ($15) is your pick. This product contains oat extract, soline, and hyaluronic acid to quench your skin's thirst all day.
- Rachel K: With Rachel K's CC cream formula ($39), you'll get oil control and a flawless, fresh-looking complexion. A powder compact version is available as well.
- Olay : One of the first CC creams on the market, Olay's Tone-Correcting Moisturizer ($22) works to fade your dark spots over time. Plus, it gives your complexion an instant shot of luminosity and softness. You've got to love that.
How to Get Makeup Stains Out of Practically Any Surface
What You Need to Know About Skin-Cleansing Brushes
Make Up For Ever Brings Professional Makeup Classes Online