Anne-Marie Guarnieri, Allure magazine
News Flash: Looking like a princess is really, really expensive. ABC News did some digging into the cost of Kate Middleton's beauty upkeep, and what they discovered is a royal twist on Dolly Parton's oft-repeated chestnut, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." True, but honey, it takes a lot more to look this glossy.
Just take a look at these numbers:
See more: The 10 Commandments of Mascara
• Blowouts (thrice weekly): $11,700 a year
• Haircuts, color, treatments: $18,000
• Makeup (assuming she replaces products three times a year: $1,200.
• Facials (once a month): $3,120
• Manicures (bi-monthly): $3,500
• Spray tans (as needed): $2,800
See more: The 6 Most Flattering Haircuts for Round Faces
That's an estimated total of $40,320 a year. And this on the heels of a Daily Mail report estimating that the Duchess of Cambridge has spent upward of $50,000 on clothing so far this year, paid for, generously, by Prince Charles.
Well played, Kate. Well played.