teeth whiteQuite often, our teeth start to appear yellow overtime. This is largely the result of a poor oral hygiene, allowing bacteria to grow in our mouth, which ultimately manifests in the form of colored stains that make our teeth yellow.
Dirty teeth are a widespread problem, not to mention a very embarrassing one as well. However, they can be cleaned with both professional treatments as well was natural remedies. Some of these natural treatments have been practiced successfully for ages.
How do Teeth Become Yellow?
Some people experience yellow teeth due to a lack of minerals coating their teeth. A certain level of mineralization is required to cover dentin, which is a yellowish film that is naturally on the teeth. However, these are limited occurrences.
Most people experience yellow due to some common conditions. Some food items can cause yellow teeth, such as potatoes, chocolate, and turmeric, along with beverages like tea, coffee, and red wine. Smoking and chewing tobacco also harms your teeth. Similar effects are generated if the water you drink contains heavy amounts of chlorine.
Health conditions like old age, along with serious illnesses also make your teeth weak, allowing yellow dentin to cover the teeth. Specific medications also play their part in harming your teeth. Most importantly, teeth become unclean when you do not maintain proper oral hygiene.
The following are some effective home-based cures to keep your teeth white:
· Eat healthy items like strawberry pulp, sprouts, apple, cucumber and guava, carrot, and celery.
· You can even use strawberries to rub your teeth regularly to remove stains.
· The pulp can even be used with baking soda. Mix a pinch of salt on ½ teaspoon of baking soda. Massage your teeth with the concoction but brush your teeth afterwards to eliminate any traces of acid or sugar.
· You can use orange peels for the same purpose as well. Even the inside white part can be used to massage the teeth. Use the powder with sage leaves or dried basil leaves to maximize the effects.
· Mix ½ a tablespoon of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide (1-2 drops) and use the combination as a teeth whitener.
· Walnut tree bark also helps in removing yellow dentin from your teeth.
· Another concoction to clean your teeth is made from lemon juice and a small amount of salt. Cover your teeth with this mixture for one minute and then spew it out and brush your teeth. For best results, use this recipe twice a week. However, avoid it if you have weak gums.
· Finally, you can use apple cider vinegar as a mouthwash. Simply take a glass of water and mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and use the mixture to rinse your mouth daily.
Read more at Betterhealthblog: