YumSugarSource: 5 Exciting Meals Made With Everyday Ingredients
Bare fridge? No problem! Rather than resort to delivery, dish up these simple meals that pack a flavor punch while relying predominantly on common pantry and fridge staples like pasta, canned tomatoes, and eggs.
- Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, e Peperoncino: Pasta is the star in this ultrasimple classic Italian dish. A heavy-handed dose of minced garlic and red pepper flakes ensure that this dish is only simple in preparation, never flavor.
- Fast French Onion Soup: Beef broth, onions, butter and Gruyère combine for a soup far greater than the sum of its parts. Bonus: this iteration comes together in a flash, unlike the long-simmered traditional version.
- Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce : Skip the jar and instead whip up a batch of this revelatory tomato sauce based on only three ingredients (canned tomatoes, butter, and onions).
- Baked Eggs in Spiced Tomato Sauce: Breakfast for dinner goes beyond scrambled eggs with this well-spiced (think cinnamon, allspice, and cloves) oven-poached egg option.
- Baked Potato Soup: This genius spin on a favorite weeknight staple calls for a dollop of sour cream and crumbled bacon, but feel free to get creative with toppings if your pantry is particularly bare. Anything you'd put on a baked potato is fair game.
Weekly Meal Plan: 5 Breakfasts For Dinner
Fishy Business: How to Choose Excellent Fresh Fish
8 Foods to Buy Canned, From the Everyday to the Exotic
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook