POPSUGAR FoodSource: 7 Quick Apple Snacks
If you crave crisp apples for an afternoon snack, why not kick it up a notch and nosh on these quick apple snacks, which take mere minutes to prepare? We've included classic pairings, like cheddar cheese, and some that are a bit more novel (Biscoff spread, anyone?). Take a look!
- Tahini and Honey: Buttery tahini complements both green and red apples. Depending on how sweet the apples are, try drizzling the combination with clover or honeysuckle honey.
- Soft Cheeses: Brie and triple cream cheeses spread like butter atop apple wedges.
- Biscoff Spread: Be forewarned: Biscoff is the new Nutella, and it's incredibly addictive. The spread, made from the famous cookies, tastes like creamy gingerbread. A jar of this stuff goes fast, particularly when paired with sweet, crunchy Jonagold apples.
- Turkey Slices: Turkey and Granny Smith apples are an intriguing sandwich pairing. Between meals, skip the bread and cut the apple in round slices for a solid, cracker-like base.
- Cheddar: Cheddar, especially aged varieties like Cabot Clothbound, is a classic pairing with apple. Add baguette for more substantial noshing.
- Maple Almond Butter: Almond butter, sweetened with a little maple syrup, is the ultimate Fall dip for apples.
Editors' Favorite Road-Trip Snacks
10 Ways to Shake Up Your Snack Mix!