YumSugarSource: 8 White House Recipes the Obama Family Loves
Regardless of who takes the office next year, there's no doubt the White House will be filled with plenty of delicious food. Curious to know what's being favored by the first family right now? See a few of Michelle, Sasha, Malia, and the president's tried-and-true favorites when you keep reading.
- Minted Spring Pea Salad: The first lady uses fresh peas in a minted Spring pea salad.
- Broccoli Soup : Thanks to the White House, the first family has access to plenty of healthy meals, including a simple yet satisfying puréed broccoli soup.
- Chili: The president still gets to enjoy his old favorites, though. One of them? Barack's very own fast and easy chili recipe. It even includes bacon as an ingredient!
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese: Michelle Obama professes that this White House cauliflower mac and cheese recipe is one of Sasha's and Malia's favorites.
- No-Cream Creamed Spinach: White House chef Cristeta Comerford has a recipe for creamless "creamed" spinach that's become a favorite of Michelle Obama.
- Grilled Chicken Salad With Sherry Herb Vinaigrette: Salads - sans beets - make a frequent appearance at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. One White House staple is this grilled chicken salad with herb and sherry vinaigrette.
- Apple Cobbler: Just because the first lady's an advocate of healthy eating doesn't mean she hasn't been known to indulge in dessert. Case in point? Her very own recipe for apple cobbler.
- Fruit and Oatmeal Bars: Sasha and Malia stay fueled for the day thanks to the help of fruit- and nut-rich oatmeal bars.
- Michelle Obama's Cookies: Michelle Obama's favorite cookies are Mama Kaye White and Dark Chocolate Cookies, a recipe passed down from a family friend. These mint chocolate and walnut cookies contain a pop of peppermint that's mind-blowing.
Mix Ann Romney's and Michelle Obama's Recipes For a Bipartisan Cookie
The Best Quotes From Our Conversation With the First Lady
Warm Up to 7 Caliente Chili Recipes
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook