Loaded with nutritious and filling ingredients like beans, lentils, sweet potatoes,quinoa, and tempeh, these salads are also super-versatile.
Tuna-free, mock chicken, or egg-less salads are reminiscent of some classic favorites, while bean, grain, and quinoa-based versions are a great starting point for plenty of creative new combos.
Stuff these tasty salads in a pita, make a sandwich or wrap, or serve over greens. Whip up one of these delicious recipes and you've got plenty of lunch options for the week!
The recipes below are delicious as written, but many can also be customized based on what's in season, what's in your pantry, or what's on sale at your local market. Here are 13 great options!
Tempeh, Tofu, and "Mock" Salads:
- Tempeh "Tuna" Salad
- Tuna(free) Salad Sandwiches
- Mock Chicken Salad
- Minced Tempeh Salad with Lemongrass, Sesame, and Cashews
- Vegan "Chicken" Salad
Bean, Grain and Potato Salads:
- Cajun Corn and Kidney Bean Salad
- Kale Salad with Grilled Eggplant, White Beans, and Fresh Figs
- Bangkok Black Rice Salad with Fresh Peach
- Quinoa Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Lemony Chickpea Salad
- Spicy Lentil Salad
- Yam and Walnut Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Mango, Cucumber, and Avocado
- Spicy Sweet Potato Salad
Got a super salad recipe? Share it with us!This story was submitted by One Green Planet. One Green Planet is your online guide to making conscious choices that help people, animals and the planet. To learn more, visit the site, subscribe to the feed and join their growing community on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest