Tasty Honey Oat Lactation Cookies Recipe
Breastfeeding is both wonderful and challenging - a unique way to both bond with your child while giving your baby nature's nourishment. It can also be incredibly taxing on a woman's body. Many women are often concerned about whether or not their baby is getting enough to eat. While there are plenty of breastfeeding supplements out there to help you boost your milk supply, none are quite as tasty as this recipe for Honey Oat Lactation Cookies!
Packed with ingredients to help out your breastfeeding milk supply, these cookies are a cinch to make and are a delicious snack that serves a great purpose!
Tasty Honey Oat Lactation Cookies
Yields about 2 dozen cookies
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup raisins, dried cranberries or chocolate chips: chef's choice!
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp brewer's yeast*
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed soaked in water
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
1. Mix flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brewer's yeast in a large bowl.
2. Form a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add honey, olive oil, applesauce, maple syrup, egg, vanilla and soaked flaxseed. Mix well.
3. Add your chef's choice cup of raisins, cranberries or chocolate chips. Mix well. If your mixture seems to dry, add an egg white. If the mixture is too wet, add a dash of flour. Your dough should have a nice consistency that is neither too wet nor too dry.
4. Refrigerate your cookie dough for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat your oven to 335°.
6. Spoon the dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press each ball of dough down with your spoon to make sure each cookie cooks evenly.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve and enjoy with a glass of milk and feel free to have a few cookies each day for a sweet treat that's great for you and baby!*Brewer's yeast is available at homebrewing supply stores, health food stores and gourmet markets like Whole Foods
- By Keiko Zoll
For 20 amazing eats & treats for your summer BBQ, visit Disney Baby!
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
15 star-spangled toddler treats for your holiday picnic!
24 patriotic baby names
40+ baby names from Dad's favorite movies, music, and comics!