Romantic Brownie Sundaes
Serves 2 | Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 1hr 00m
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, or semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing foil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, plus 1 yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
strawberry ice cream, for serving
Raspberry Sauce, for servingCalories: 875
- Heat oven to 325°. Line an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, leaving some extra foil along the sides of the pan to aid in lifting out the brownies. Grease the foil with soft butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate pieces and butter in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. When the chocolate has just melted, remove from heat. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in the reserved flour mixture until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the pan comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool on a rack at least 20 minutes.
- Transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Using a 3 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out two heart shapes. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to assemble sundaes.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of Raspberry Sauce onto each dessert plate. Place a brownie heart next to a scoop of strawberry ice cream. Serve.
See More: Delicious Chocolate Recipes
4 slices challah or white bread
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1. Form 2 sandwiches with the bread and chocolate.
2. Transfer to a hot panini press or waffle iron and cook until the bread is golden and the chocolate has melted, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, cook the sandwiches in a hot grill pan, turning once and pressing down frequently.)