No Halloween celebration is complete without fun, themed appetizers. Our easy recipes will be the haunting hit of your party!
Give a subtle nod to the Halloween classic It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and serve this sharp-cheddar cheese ball with a pepper kick.
The Great White Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- 2 (10-oz.) blocks extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (4-oz.) goat cheese logs, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Braided pretzel, muscadine vine and leaf
- Crackers and assorted vegetables
Stir together first 4 ingredients. Shape mixture into a ball to resemble a pumpkin. Smooth pumpkin's entire surface with metal spatula or table knife. Make vertical grooves in ball, if desired, using fingertips. Press pretzel into top of cheese ball to resemble a pumpkin stem; place muscadine vine and leaf beside pretzel. Serve with crackers and assorted vegetables.
Related: 31 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Ideas
Then, try this twist on the traditional Halloween game that serves as a kid-friendly punch.
- 1 (32-ounce) bottle apple cider
- 1 (32-ounce) bottle cranberry juice drink
- 1 (16-ounce) jar whole crabapples, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (1-liter) bottle ginger ale or lemon-lime soft drink, chilled
Stir together first 5 ingredients. Chill. Stir in ginger ale just before serving. Serve over ice.