Five reasons to choose oatmeal over other breakfast foods.
It's easy to find reasons to love oatmeal. We all know it tastes great, but here are five more super reasons to choose oatmeal over other breakfast options.
1. Oatmeal takes care of your heart. The soluble fiber in oats helps reduces cholesterol absorption, and also reduces your risk of heart disease. Studies show that eating oats reduces total cholesterol levels, particularly low-density lipoprotein (LDL, the "bad" cholesterol).
2. The fiber in oatmeal helps you feel full. Add sliced bananas and you'll increase your fiber intake even more. As a bonus, the more satisfied you feel, the less you'll be inclined to snack. Eaten early in the day, it's a fantastic way to support good eating habits and keep you on track.
3. The American Medical Association recommends eating more whole grains like oatmeal as a regular part of a healthy diet. It's low in saturated fats and cholesterol, and contains lower sodium than many other breakfast foods. It's also high in phosphorous, selenium and manganese.
4. A warm breakfast hits the spot in the morning. There's nothing quite as comforting as a steaming bowl of oatmeal to help you start your day. Cold cereal doesn't have the same appeal! So many warm breakfast options are packed with sodium or fat - something you don't have to worry about with oatmeal.
5. It's convenient. You can enjoy oatmeal without time-consuming preparation, and it's quick and easy to make even away from home. Quaker Real Medleys Peach Almond Oatmeal comes in its own microwaveable container that doubles as a bowl. Take it to work and you've got a healthy, tasty meal in minutes!
Oatmeal has lots of advantages over other breakfast foods. The best part is that you don't have to sacrifice nutrition, flavor and convenience to start your day off right.