Try the sweet dessert bars with a healthy salad or just alone!
Although, the JELL-O mosaic dessert bar recipe is fun to make and eat the way it is, I have a variation you might like as well. The recipe calls for making four types of JELL-O and then cutting it into cubes and pouring a milky mixture over it for a mosaic effect. After chilling for two hours you have a colorful and tasty dessert you can slice and serve.
My variation involves arranging the cubes in sections. By separating out the colors I was able to create a orange creamsicle-like section, a lemon creme section, and a strawberries and cream section. I was still able to have my mixed cubed section as well. Whether you decide to serve this at a party or are trying to please picky eaters at your house, the splitting of the flavors allows you to make everything in one pan and still have something a little different for everyone to pick from. You could even spell someone's name out with the cubes if you wanted to get really creative.
5-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin
2 env. KNOX Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Add 1 cup boiling water to each flavor fruit gelatin mix in separate bowls. Stir at least 2 min. until completely dissolved.
- Pour each flavor of gelatin into separate small shallow food storage container sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm
- (After 2 hours) Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 min.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups boiling water. Add condensed milk; mix well. Cool slightly.
- Cut flavored gelatin into cubes. Randomly place cubes in 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. ( An 8x4 loaf pan can also be used; then served in slices)
- SLOWLY pour milk mixture over cubes. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Content by Chrissie Klinger.