- Lucky Magazine | Summer Kick-Off | Fri, Apr 27, 2012 12:07 PM EDT | Comments
By Lucky Staff, Lucky magazine
There's really nothing sexier than glossy, smooth, impeccably hairless legs-here's how to get them.Read More »
From fabric rationing to g-strings, swimsuits have come a long way, baby. Scroll down to see the timeline of how the summer staple changed through the years!
Thirteen years after women are allowed to compete in the Olympics, Carl Janzten introduces a two-piece bathing costume to enhance their performance. It's really just shorts and a T-shirt but tight-fitting enough to cause a bit of a scandal.
1930s and '40s
In Europe, women start wearing bathing outfits that reveal a sliver of skin at the waist, and suits shrink stateside as fabric is rationed during World War II. For the most part, hems are shortened and skirts eliminated, but in some cases they do split into two.
With the war over and spirits soaring, Parisian designer Jacques Heim, who works mostly with fur, debuts the atome-the world's smallest swimsuit.
1947...Read More »
Louis Réard, a Parisian engineer, introduces an even
- Babble.com | Summer Kick-Off | Thu, Apr 26, 2012 12:44 PM EDT | CommentsThere's just something about a skirt with pockets that makes me feel super happy. It gives me a warm, safe place for my hands, a note, or a few dollars. Though I've seen plenty of miniskirts with pockets floating around, I personally prefer a skirt with a bit more substance. Here are 7 great options for warm weather months.
1. Emerson Fry Green Pocket Skirt
Emerson Fry Green Pocket Skirt
This kelly green number is to die for. What a great color for spring!
Get this skirt
2. ASOS Lady Skirt
ASOS Lady Skirt
I love the length of this skirt. The pockets and the fact that it's made of cotton make it absolutely perfect for warm weather.
Get this skirt
3. J.Crew Jardin Skirt
J.Crew Jardin Skirt
We've seen these skirts all over, but not with pockets! They keep this breezy skirt from feeling too dressy.
Get this skirt
Related: 18 spring dresses for grown-ups4. Banana Republic Sunny Day Skirt
Banana Republic Sunny Day Skirt
This may be the first slim pleated skirt I've seen with pockets. Everything's more fun in yellow, too!
Get this skirt
5. Denim Wrap Skirt from Madewell
Denim Wrap Skirt from Madewell
Retire yo...Read More »
- Bon Appétit Magazine | Summer Kick-Off | Thu, Apr 26, 2012 10:50 AM EDT | Comments
...Read More »by Tricia Williams, Bon Appétit
Wake up call: You just took your summer wardrobe out of storage, and daaaamn those shorts are short! Time to whip that beach bod into shape. But getting flat abs or losing the butt jiggle (sorry we said that) requires more than just a gym membership--you have to eat to your advantage, too. Everyone focuses so much on what you shouldn't be eating, and not enough on what you should consume to help slim down for the warm weather (yes, you're allowed to eat during this process). We consulted nutritionist Tricia Williams for a list of the best foods to help you shed pounds, get rid of bloating, and limit the awkwardness when you're hanging out 90 percent naked this summer.
1) Pineapple & Papaya These powerhouse fruits are high in digestive enzymes, which help break down food quickly. In fact, most digestive enzymes you can buy in a store are derived from one of these two fruits, so why not eat the whole food? For the best results, eat 2/3 cup papaya and 1/3
- Mother Nature Network (mnn.com) | Summer Kick-Off | Thu, Apr 26, 2012 3:07 PM EDT | Comments
By Morieka Johnson, Mother Nature Network
Here's how to make sure that time spent outdoors is safe and fun.
Ready for lawn parties, patio dining and treks to the dog park? Make sure your dog also has the tools to enjoy this season. Consider this your warm-weather pet checklist:
Stock up on preventatives
Pests will be pretty pervasive this spring and summer, thanks to unusually warm winter months. I just killed one mosquito the size of a Toyota Prius, and it's only April. Avoid the temptation to slack off on meds that help your pet fight fleas, ticks and heartworm, which is transmitted by mosquitoes. Newly released generic formulations make it easier - and cheaper - to take action. You can purchase chewable PetTrust Plus heartworm tablets at Sam's Club and Walmart pharmacies, and Pet Armor topical flea and tick medication at major retailers such as Target and Walgreens.
"A lot of pet owners don't want to get dog's nails trimmed or give medication because it's so much trouble," says dog trainer Harrison Forbes. "Now it's easy and it's rea...Read More »