Take the everyday cookie to a new level.After enthusiastically diving into the world of cookie bark, I wanted to come up with more creations. They're so easy to make and the decorating options are endless. I decided to go with a chocolate almond combination drizzled with bittersweet chocolate, which hits all the right notes. Present this confection in a colorful cellophane bag for an absolutely delicious Christmas gift.
Almond Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bark
1 pouch (16 oz - 1 lb) of refrigerated chocolate chunk cookie dough
1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup of slivered almonds
1. Heat oven to 350°F or as directed in the cookie dough package.
2. Cover an oven tray with sides with parchment paper. Place all cookie dough rounds on the tray and press them together so you form a big flat cookie dough rectangle on the tray.
3. Mash the almond slivers with a spoon (don't make them so little) and sprinkle them on the cookie dough.
4. Press the almonds into the dough with your fingers, leave about 1/3 of the total to decorate at the end. Place in the oven and bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Take out and cool for about 30 minutes.
5. Microwave the chocolate chips 30 seconds, take out and stir. Repeat this process until is melted.
6. Drizzle the melted chocolate carefully with a fork on the cookie bar. Add the rest of the almonds and let stand until set.