When you're shopping for a jacket, finding something warm, affordable, and fashionable is always a challenge. To make it a little easier this year, we've rounded up the top coat trends of the season and lots of budget-friendly options for you to stock up on.
- A camel-colored coat. This was the color on the runways from Celine to Chloe, and stylish women all over Europe have already begun rocking the trend. Because camel is a classic neutral you can even splurge on this option and it will never go out of style for long.
- A cape coat. It's all about the dramatic silhouette. Haute couture houses like Alexander McQueen and Yves Saint Laurent showcased this style but, thankfully, so did stores like Gap and J.Crew. A cape works over skinny jeans or tights and ankle boots. A long, flowing skirt, by contrast, would probably not provide the right proportion.
- The faux fur. A perfect choice for Rachel Zoe-inspired risk takers. A warm, comfy faux fur adds some drama to any outfit, and it's certainly a stylish alternative to a puffy down jacket. (Not that we don't love those, too.)
Rachel Zoe for QVC jacket, $129.84.
- Leopard, leopard, leopard. Our favorite way to incorporate a leopard print into your repertoire is in the form of a classic trench. Vamp it up with some red lips and stiletto heels and imagine you're an Old Hollywood movie star.
- Jewel tones. Rich emerald green, ruby, or sapphire are all fantastic alternatives to the typical black-on-black winter wardrobe. Wear them with black or white accessories, though, to really let the color take center stage.