Cosmo's body language expert Janine Driver gives you a crash course on how to rule your next holiday bash.
1. Take the Prime Position:When you arrive, grab one or two of your friends and head straight for the middle of the room. As other people walk in, you'll appear to be the center of attention and they'll naturally gravitate towards you.
2. Show Your Shoulders: The more skin you show in the winter, the more you will stand out in a crowd. Wear a strapless dress that maximizes the amount of shoulder you show off. Make sure it's a solid color (patterns cause you to blend in) such as red, fuchsia or turquoise and you'll turn more heads than all the women in LBDs...combined. We found the best party dresses for any bash.
3. Perfect Your Smile: The biggest mistake people make in social situations is putting on the perma-smile, which comes off as insincere. Instead, don a close-lipped smirk, like you have a secret you're just dying to tell. Then wait until after you say hi to someone to flash them a big smile. This beauty move will give you a reason to flash your pearly whites. You want them to think that they're the reason you're suddenly so happy.
4. Don't Be Afraid to Touch: When you're chatting with someone, casually place a hand on his or her arm. Touch triggers good feelings and signals special treatment - so not only will the person you're talking to like you more, other people will wish they were the object of your rapt attention. Trust us, these moves will totally turn him on.
5. Let Your Cocktail Do the Talking: Hold your glass in one hand and off to the side as opposed to directly in front of you with two hands. Doing so will show off your wrists (a move men find particularly attractive because it hints at openness and vulnerability) and leave your midsection - a power zone that communicates confidence - unobstructed. Plus, find out what bartenders taught us about dating.
Want to know how he's feeling? Find out how to decode his every move.
Get more from Cosmopolitan.com!
How to Have Your Hottest Holiday Season Ever!
Does Your Look Turn Him On?
What Guys Really Notice About Your Looks
Want More Sex & Love Advice? Subscribe to Cosmo & Save up to 71%!
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.