Holiday AppsPreparing for the holiday season can be overwhelming. There are gifts to buy, cards to mail, decorations to choose and more. Save time and avoid stress by having an app-y holiday with these top 5 holiday apps:
1. Google Shopper (iOS and Android) Find a gift for your loved ones and save on shopping time and money with this free app that pulls in information on more than a million products. Scan the barcode on items or find them by cover art, voice, or text, then compare local and online prices. Stumped on gift ideas? The app shows weekly sales and popular items of the week. You can also add things to a shopping list and share it with friends.
2. Christmas Gift List (Android) and The Christmas List (iOS) These apps are no-brainers when it comes to organizing your shopping list and funds. You can create a list with a per-person budget and share it via email, or twitter. Both also mark gifts purchased and keep stats on money spent and total budget and have password protection options to hide your list from prying eyes. The Christmas List (iOS) also lets you add people using your iPhone contact list.
3. Zaggle (iOS) This free app features over 10,000 downloadable classic and new songs, so your holiday party music needs are covered. With its simple and festive user interface, downloading is quick and easy.
4. Christmas Music Tree (Android) This app features free holiday music and lets you make an 8-hour playlist so you can relax and enjoy the party without running back to your stereo or laptop at the end of every track. You can also share your playlist with friends on Facebook.
5. Christmas i-Card (iOS) and Kids Paint Christmas Cards. With the Christmas i-Card app (iOS), create a unique holiday card using your own photo, as assortment of frames, an unlimited number of icons, and an editor with fun fonts that lets you create a personalized greeting. Share your holiday card through Facebook, email, or MMS, and use it as wallpaper on your desktop. Kids Paint Christmas Cards app for Android includes more than 60 holiday images that kids can color in stroke by stroke (just like painting on real paper with realistic brushes) and send to loved ones as greeting cards.
With these apps the holidays will go a bit smoother, so you can enjoy the finer elements of the season like listening to carols, making your own wreath, or just sipping a warm cup of cocoa here by the fire.
What are your favorite holiday apps? Let me know in the comments!
-By Darlene Feliciano
More from Good Housekeeping: