Helen Mirren put her panties up for auction for charity. Queen Elizabeth II's undies are up for sale! Apparently her majesty left her knickers on a private plane in 1968, ad the late "Baron" Joseph de Bicske Dobronyi discovered them. (They're unmistakable as they have an 'E' embroidered on them with a crown above it.) His estate plans to auction them off, but who would want to own the Queen's underpants, and how much would they be willing to pay for them? Well, this wouldn't be the first pair of famous underwear up for auction. Let's take a look at other celeb underthings and their going rates:
- Queen Victoria - her unmentionables sold for $9,000 by Hansons Auctioneers and Valuers, the same auction house that hopes to sell Queen Elizabeth's underwear.
- Octomom - she sold her used underthings at a yard sale back in September. Ew.
- Adam Lambert - the singer wore a pair of "Ellen" underwear on the Ellen DeGeneres show and the host auctioned them off on her site. They sold for $8,500 which went towards Haiti Relief efforts.
- Fergie, Helen Mirren, Daniel Day-Lewis, Emma Thompson, Nick Cave, Nick Hornby, Ricky Gervais, Sacha Baron Cohen, and other celebs all donated their undies for a good cause last year. They were auctioned off on eBay with proceeds going to the North London Synagogue which helps destitute asylum seekers.Peaches' thong was removed by eBay since it was used, and thus dubbed "unsuitable" for auction according to their policy.
- Anna Nicole Smith - her old bras, panties, and garter belts were listed on eBay.com by her friend, Jackie Hatten, but later removed for violating the policy as well.
- Michael Jackson - a pair of his worn and unwashed tighty whities were auctioned off on eBay in 2008 with a starting bid of $1 million. The Calvin Klein briefs were confiscated as DNA evidence in his 2003 child molestation case.
Prince - according to Pop-Up Video, he "refashioned a pair of his underwear into a 'loincloth'
the underwear was later auctioned off on the set- a crew member bought it. For $20."
Would you buy-and wear-a celebrity's old clothes?
Creepy or Not? Would You Buy Strands of Michael Jackson's Hair?
Celebrity baby hand-me-downs up for grabs on eBay auction