The biggest excuse for not meditating: I don't have the time.
Actually, you do! Here are 10 ideas for pockets of time when you can sneak in a mindful meditation session--even if it's for only 5 - 10 minutes. Just adding those few minutes of inner silence will make a whole world of a difference to the quality of your life.
1. Right Before You Go to Sleep. You are already done with everything you need to do for the day, and the only thing between you and sleep is to sit down, be mindful of your breathing and get connected with your higher self. How easy!
2. Right After You Wake Up. Roll out of bed, plop onto the floor, start attracting those positive thoughts of abundance before you lift your finger to do anything else. Even if it slightly rushes the rest of your morning routine, you'll at least be in tune with everything for the rest of the day.
3. While You Are Exercising. Who says meditation has to happen standing still? Meditate on your breath, your heartbeat and the environment around you when you are running, biking, doing the Eliptical machine--you name it.
4. On Your Lunch Break. Sit on a bench outside. Observe the sounds around you, and the silence beneath the sounds. Your mind will get so clear and your productivity will increase so much it won't matter whether or not your other co-workers think you're weird for doing this.
5. In Lieu of a TV Episode. So you have absolutely no time to meditate no matter what, but you also magically have all the time in the world to watch The Bachelorette? O really?
By Yumi Sakugawa on Intent.com
READ MORE BY YUMI SAKUGAWA:
- Go Vegan Raw for a Day with These Super-Easy Recipes
- How to Lose Weight: Five Healthy Lifestyle Make-Overs to Start Doing Now
- Eating Healthy Simply by Replacing X with Y
- 11 One-Ingredient DIY Face Masks for Perfect Skin
- 7 Principles for Everlasting Happiness: Reverse Psychology Happiness