SURPRISING SEX FACT: Men - yes, men - crave more foreplay, according to a study from the University of New Brunswick, Canada. In the study, women assumed their partner wanted 13 minutes tops, while lo and behold, men claimed that 18 minutes was ideal. In other words, it pays to take your sweet time and indulge in the sensual smorgasboard foreplay can be.
Foreplay isn't just a tepid warm-up, it's where it's at. When else can you devote 100% of your efforts to getting in tune with each other's bodies and all but guarantee that what follows next will be more explosive than you'd ever imagined? These illuminating insights from the mouths of men reveal the moves that get their erotic engines humming. Here are some fun ways to prolong the agony and get him all riled up!
- "Recently my sweetheart got me a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret. She said, 'Let's go shopping - and you can buy anything you want me to wear.' Being allowed to call the shots on the purchases we made was an amazing turn-on. That shopping spree was one long stretch of foreplay!" -Tyson, 28
- "My wife, Laura, plays a world-class game of footsie. She has beautiful feet and wears a lot of high heels. She runs the side of her foot up and down my calf, first on the outside of my leg, then the inside. Then she kicks off her shoes and caresses my legs with her bare feet. Her toes tickle my ankles. If we're at home or sitting in the dark back booth of our favorite neighborhood pub, she puts her bare feet in my lap, and...I can't stand up for a while afterward." -Bill, 37
RELATED: Find out how to get more foreplay - and make your man a better lover
- "We were watching a football game, and after the second quarter ended, she said, 'I've got a great idea for halftime.' Then she grabbed my shirt collar and led me to our bed. Seeing her act so flirty and fun about sex reminded me what a vixen she is." -William, 33
- "Karla has a thing about pillows. We have about a dozen down pillows on our bed, and she uses them for adjusting her position during intercourse. But she also props me up with pillows behind my back when she performs oral sex. That way I can see everything she's doing. Wow!" -Bruce, 40
- "One morning while I was in the shower, my wife unexpectedly joined me and slowly soaped up my entire body. It was pretty obvious that getting clean wasn't her top priority. I was so aroused I could barely wait to get her into bed." -Keith, 36
Get 23 more revealing and racy foreplay tips from men!
MORE FROM REDBOOK:
Dress Like a Total Bombshell
Decoding Men's Oddball Love Signals
Men's Most Secret Sex Thoughts
How Lying, Flirting (With Someone Else!) and Fighting Can Make You Closer
Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to Redbook & Save up to 82%!
CONNECT WITH REDBOOK:
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.