Did you get one of these? Me neither. (Photo by John Stillwell/AFP)Invitations for the Wedding of the Century went out last week, and now Kate and Wills' guest list is shaping up. It's actually more than a mix than just knights and ambassadors-though they're coming too. With 1,900 invitees, those who didn't make the cut are likely to be pretty offended. It's not exactly an intimate wedding. Awkward.
The guest list:
- Kate and Wills' exes: Jessica Craig, Olivia Hunt, and Rupert Finch
- The Beckhams (David and Wills worked together on a World Cup bid, and Kate likes Victoria's dresses)
- Sir Paul McCartney (he's performing at the wedding)
- Kanye West
- Elton John
- Landlord of Kate's local pub, the Old Boot Inn
- Ben Fogle, a TV presenter and the British version of the "Survivorman" guy
- Kate's black sheep uncle Gary: lap-dance loving, tattooed uncle was reportedly shut out of two pre-wedding events after rumors of drug past, but he's welcome to the big sha-bang.
- British actress Joanna Lumley
- The Kings of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, the Sultan of Oman and the Sultan of Brunei, all reported to be invited by the queen. Memo to wedding planner: Don't put the Sultan of Brunei at the singles table.
The snub list:
- Michelle and Barack Obama (security issues were given as the reason they were passed over)
- Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and former BFF of Lady Di, is now Public Enemy #1 of the queen after lots of bad press over the years
- Nicholas and Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
- Helen Mirren. Nope, she didn't get one.
- A Mexican teenager who's so desperate for an invite, she's gone on a hunger strike. A 19-year-old girl named Estibalis Chavez has been camped out in front of the British Embassy in hopes of a royal invitation. "I'm going to stay here till I can't go on," she told the London Telegraph.
5 things you don't know about Kate
Kate and Will: the Lifetime movie
Mother of the royal bride's slim-down diet
The dress of the century: what will Kate wear?