With temps rising, in order to prevent overheating and avoid exposure to the sun's damaging rays, it's best to exercise in the early morning. If setting your alarm early to exercise before heading to work seems cruel impossible, here are some tips to get you moving in the morning.
- Lay out your outfit and all the fitness gear you'll need the night before so when you wake up, you won't waste time searching for a matching pair of wicking socks, a clean sports bra, or your headphones. Also charge any gear you might need like your iPod.
- Be sure to hit the hay early so you're well rested, and set your alarm to wake up to your favorite peppy song. Lately I've been rousing from my slumber hearing Lady Gaga and Beyonce singing "Telephone." I'm practically dancing out of bed.
- Make a date with a friend or fitness trainer. If you set up a time to meet in the a.m., you'll feel obligated to go, even if your mind and body tell you otherwise.
- Schedule something exciting and inspirational to look forward to for your morning workout. A 6 a.m. Zumba class with your favorite instructor, sunrise yoga on the beach, or a new workout playlist to run to is sure to pull you out of bed.
- Eat something quick before you workout, but plan a special breakfast to eat after your workout as a reward for your efforts.
Wake Up and Work Out
When 15 Minutes of Exercise Is All You Have Time For
Help! Training In Tough Conditions
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook